Tuesday, September 20, 2005

::stop and play::

The room was neat, without a sound,
And lonely as I looked around,
Remembering yet another day,
You wanted me to stop and play.

But I was busy, I had things to do
And I didn’t have much time for you
Or a verse you wanted me to hear,
And my reply was, “Later, dear”.

My days were full of busy tasks,
No time for the questions that you asked.
You wanted to share the things you’d learned,
But when you looked, my back was turned.

The years rushed by, I wish Id’ known
That you would be so quickly grown.
No longer holding out to me
That need that I was too rushed to see.

And now the toys are put away.
We have no more songs or games to play.
No good night kiss or stories to hear.
It’s all part of another year.

I wish I could go back again
Relive those years as they might have been.
And the little things that you asked me to do
I wish I’d made more time for you. ~Unknown

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the words in the poem thanks

3:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow.
Thanks for the reminder!
Gotta get off the compy and tend to my baby girl!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home