Thursday, October 06, 2005

::another gardening glitch::

So yesterday evening I look up from my computer to see my dear husband feverishly hacking away at the morning glory ivy growing up the trellis in the far corner of our garden. I didn't mention anything to him but that evening he quietly asked, "Do you think the ivy on the back wall grows from the top or the bottom?"
"Probably from the bottom," I say.
"The bottom part was rotton."
"I think it's more like it's autumn and things die in the autumn and then blossom afresh in the spring."

He's probably right. It probably was dead.
So this is what it looks like now...

Since then he's apologized without end which is completely unnecessary because I think it's hilarious. Very endering. Of course, how could I be upset when he was trying so hard just to make our home a little better.

But the point is: this one isn't down to me. Just so we're clear on that.

3 Comments:

Blogger amberdusk said...

How sweet is your husband! And then to appologize... he sounds like a very kind man:) I was trying not to laugh because it was so sweet but very funny at the same time. I love hearing about your family stories:)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

*grin* Thanks for the story. Have had similar experiences with my fiance.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Hi Gina
Can you e-mail me whatever yu sent to Amber?? :) Both your banners look great but I need direction. lol
Thanx
PS love it when hubbys try to "help" lol

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home