Sunday, October 16, 2005

::consolation::

A precious woman at our church just had her second miscarriage. I can not even contemplate that kind of grief. After her first miscarriage she said, "I have a child waiting for me in heaven." What beautiful consolation. I hope she'll introduce me to them both one day.


Blessed today by this song...

Above all powers, above of kings
Above all nature and all created things
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began

Above all kingdoms, above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what You're worth

Crucified, laid behind a stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
Above all

--Rebeca St. James

6 Comments:

Blogger amberdusk said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:24 PM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

I am sorry that happened to your friend. I have a friend who had 6 miscarriages and another who can't have children. I can't imagine that kind of pain and I hope she has people close to her to help her through this.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

I also feel for your friend. My beautiful sister had 10 pregnancies in 6 yrs. She did get 4 beautiful children from all that grief but she went through some pretty dark days.
Love your song, I didn't realize that Rebecca St James wrote it since Michale W Smith sings it, I think. Anyways..He is above all things, isn't He? Even our heartache and pain, perhaps especially our heartache and pain.

PS love the "family pic" you posted

6:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How sad, I'm so sorry :( My prayers go out to your friend.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Miscarriages are horrid. Horrid.

Love that song. I always imagine the Father singing it to His Son.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Amen Sarah! It makes perfect sense from the Father's heart.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home