Saturday, October 15, 2005

::firsts::

Goings on, mainly Luke:
  1. No feeling in the world folks like your little boy putting his arms around your neck...a real hug...for the first time. Luke's always been cuddly. Extremely cuddly. But he's never actually initiated a hug and put his little arms around us. He's always been quite happy just being the recipient.
  2. Pointed to comment. He actually pointed at my face and then smiled today. Then later on he pointed at Rob's shirt. The reason this matters is that it shows he is bringing us into his world or wants to or is making some inkling of an effort. Really a turning point. Slowly but surely?
  3. Leila and Mommy went out to purchase Mommy a pair of shoes (because I realized that all my shoes have open toes and I remain optomistic that one day soon it will be below 90 here in So. Cal, geez). Upon returning we found that Luke had taken a tumble off the bed during a rough-house session with Daddy and had a cut under his eyebrow. Poor Rob was so worried that he might scar.
  4. I took a zillion pictures of Luke looking at a guitarist performing at IKEA the other day. He was completely engrossed and kept smiling. He's always loved music and has hummed since he was about 16 months. I'm teaching him some Simon and Garfunkle and the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger amberdusk said...

AWESOME! I love this LO of Luke! Wow how great is it that he gave you a hug! What a great reward for a geat mom.
Also, Good Luck with the closed toes. I still get away with my flip flops in January!
I missed reading your blog:)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home