Tuesday, October 25, 2005

::last year Luke was a cowboy::


Lu
ke's second clinic was today. They've created a new program for him. Trying to get him to cross his midline. As he reaches for something, if it is on his left side, he'll use his left hand. If it's on his right, he'll use his right hand. Ambedexterity I guess but he won't really reach. So they're going to be working on that.

The Regional Center asked CARD for a 60 page report of Luke's progress. They asked for the report on Friday and said if they didn't have it by Tuesday (today) they would stop funding. Impossible. Well, they aren't getting a 60 page report. Ridiculous. Slightly unfair. I feel so much more optimistic after clinic because the supervisor of Luke's case always makes it clear that she's seen his behaviors before. She seems to have a program for everything. Even when I expressed my concerns about his potty-training, she said, "we have a program for that, don't worry for another 6 months." She's fantastic and the one person who gives me more hope than anyone has ti date in this nightmare. I'm holding on to her firmly -- white knuckled.

Luke's friends Elliot and Gabriella will be here in about 30 minutes. He has great fun with him and actually really plays. They play a game with my huge GAIAM ball. I can't express my elation at seeing Luke interact with another child. He's much better at relating to adults.

Rob's finished the walls but is now needing to go back and work on the woodwork. He's worked so hard bless him and he is so overwhelmed at work.

I've decided on the costumes for the kids (b/c I still can). Luke will be the ocean and Leila will be a flower. I bought these beautiful pieces of felt for 20 cents each and thought surely I can make a costume out of them. So that's what it's going to be. Last year, Luke was a cowboy.

6 Comments:

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

What an adorable photo! And I love your idea for costumes. :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

An ocean and a flower out of felt? If anyone can do it , you can, girl!!!

My son will be a spy (black sweats) and my daugther will be "a pink puppy poodle princess" (last year's recital costume. I'm not so sure about the puppy poodle part at present!!!

Love the new header! I'm so envious of your photo shop skillz!!!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

what to be this year????the anual question and yes you should choose the costumes this year as you won't get many more chances. :)
Don't know about Jadabear yet...last year she was a kitty...:)

6:03 AM  
Blogger Sprinkles said...

What a cutie!

My little one is being a leopard this year. I found a cute little costume/sweatsuit for her to trick or treat in that's a leopard. She'll be comfy and cozy. She gets so excited when she's out and about that I had to keep her costume simple so she can be as stable as possible running around.

oy!

Truly,
Insanity Infusion

9:02 AM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

I can not wait to see thier costumes:) Luke was such a cutie last year in his cowboy costume.
BTW- I used to do "crossover exercises" in my class to help the students who needed help in that area. They were a little older but here is two things we did...
1) Put tape down on the floor in a figure 8 and have them walk the line and 2) do exercises by touching L elbow to R knee and then ViceVersa. I went to a whole seminar on it and I found it very interesting and informative.
How is the room coming along? Can't wait to see pics:)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks so much Amber for the ideas. Definitely will be trying these. Room is getting there. We're finished with the color of the walls. Rob is really detail oriented (good thing) and so the woodwork is taking some time.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home