Wednesday, October 05, 2005

::venturing::


With each of my two children, after they were born, I've had to overcome a dread fear of bringing them with me to the outside world (apart from friend's houses). Is that nutty or what? I imagine what strangers must be thinking if the baby is crying; no doubt incorrectly imagining the worst. Because Rob had 2 months off work, I had a perfect excuse for not having to go it alone for a while.

With Rob back at work as of last Monday, I've realized I have to bite the bullet. So far we've gone to the park 3 times and church once ...until today. So out we venture, shopping list in tow, and make our way to the neighborhood produce store and Ralphs (2 stops mind you).

A couple of mishaps: cantelope rolling under the car, a pile of toppled tomatoes in the produce department but all in all my sweet babies couldn't have been better. I know there will be days with melt-downs aplenty but they pulled through for me today and helped preserve my Mama confidence. It's funny what we're afraid of until we take that leap. Just doing it makes all the difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger amberdusk said...

you cracked me up with the cantelope rolling under the car! My best friend Lena just had her first baby and I see her going through the same thing. I am glad it all worked out for you:)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Isn't that a riot!! True story. A lovely samaratan stranger said, "Back up and I'll hand it to you." And we had a laugh.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home