Sunday, November 13, 2005

::new and old::


Short and sweet visit from old friends this weekend. Luke and Jet rekindled a best buddy bond. While the Mamas Gina and Clare shared sleepless day dramas. Reminded again how much I wish Clare was still only 20 minutes away.

Luke was invited to a Barney Birthday for his new friend Cole. Absolutely pure fun for Luke (bouncy house, balloon, food) Absolute joy for Rob and I because Kelly and Mike (Cole's parents) are an absolute delight and Kelly's mom and sister were amazing. Some of the kindest most understanding people we've met in a long time.

We went right out and bought a bouncy house for Luke this evening. I am more excited to see Luke in it than I imagine he will even be.

Rob read an article last night which, after he summarized for me helped me:
  • stop feeling sorry for Luke;
  • stop feeling sorry for ourselves;
  • focus on the great things he does and will do;
  • remember that many autistic children are genuises who may not necessarily know how to express themselves
  • let go, not worry, stop apologizing, stop "explaining" him
As a result I felt a release today which somehow allowed me, with Luke and Rob, to transcend perceived peer critique. Refreshing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. They are both cuties! Isn't it great when friends visit!
I'm considering getting the kids a bouncy thing for Christmas. Glad he had a fun at the party.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Love visits from old friends! Glad you had fun.
I like Rob's article...I'm sure God knew exactly what He was doing when He made Luke and chose you specifically to be his parents. I'm sure that doesn't make things any easier but sometimes its conforting to remember that He doesn't make mistakes.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

So true Cheryl. Thank you so very much for the encouragement. God has an awesome plan for His life. It's so wonderful to be reminded.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home