Tuesday, November 15, 2005

::stretched way too far across city lines, we are::

If ever needed, I know the perfect form of torture. IN the car, on the 55 in stand-still traffic at 4:30 pm with a bored toddler and hungry baby. It's also a great way to make an east coast girl long for home.

Where I grew up you lived in ONE city. If you didn't have it in your city...you didn't have it. If the next city had an awesome mall or beach, it was a weekend trip. Here in OC, So. Cal. you live in about 6-7 different cities. Luke's doctors are in Orange, Fountain Valley and Long Beach. His speech therapist is in Huntington Beach. Rob works in Santa Ana. We go to church in Costa Mesa. It's like this for everyone. It's the lifestyle here. I loathe that part of it. It's unnatural. It doesn't help that I'm absolutely pathetic at directions. Give me mass transit anyday. Not the bus, mind you. Trains or something. Comfortable ones with lovely compartments for each family and someone who comes around to serve you snacks. But something nice, not peanuts. Ice cream or a low-carb power bar maybe.

Self-Portrait Tues.: Identity

9 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Cool Identity page...I see "Southern Belle" on there...wondering where in the south? :) I'm a Bama girl originally, transplanted all over, ended up in GA. Not much mass transit here...:)
I like mass transit somewhat but ya know I just hate the waiting part...of course there's the trade off of waiting in traffic now isn't there?

6:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That bottom one? rocks.

That top one? fills me with envy for all your photo shop skillz.

You? make me smile!!!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

cool page!

i never understood why so cal didn't have trains...i mean, my SIL lives in torrence, works in santa barbara and LA, etc etc etc. would help the smog, no?

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traffic hate it!! It is the same way where I live in Florida. I drive 30-45 minutes to get just about anywhere.

Love the LO!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

I love the way you post your pictures. What program do you use to edit them like that? It looks really cool.

1:34 PM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

Gorgeous Gina! You and your daughter both, just gorgeous.

3:53 PM  
Blogger TheCatLord said...

wow gina! this is fabulous! and we have EVERYTHING in common!!!
lisa

11:21 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Love your artwork, so creative and beautiful!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home