Tuesday, December 13, 2005

::minimal effort::

Daily bit of Carlin catch-up:
I'm a total whimp when it comes to shot day for the kiddos. We were freaked out by the mercury scare so are only giving Leila one shot at a time athough we're not anti-shot, anti-medicine wierdos by any means. Today Leila got her second shot. She only peeped slightly. Had stopped crying by the time I picked her up. She was an angel. Especially considering we had waited 2 hours to see the doc. Flu season. Luke was another story.

Which takes me to the IEP. They offered us half of what we were hoping. So we're going to be having to file a motion, perhaps take on the Regional Center and take a few other rather expensive and frustrating steps.

We're waiting to hear what T___ H____ says about the proposal and what we should do about it.

I'm doing so little for Christmas:
  • Christmas cards ~
yes, same Leila pic.
  • Gifts to mom, dad, nephews, nieces, Luke, Leila, Rob.
  • Open cards we get from everyone else.
  • Christmas dinner with some Christmas pudding for Rob.
  • Take time to think about the real meaning of Christmas and be thankful for it.
  • Yep, that's pretty much it.
I didn't plan it this way. The season is just sort of zooming past us because of the Luke sitch. A tree was out of the question with Luke and so I didn't think any further about other decorations. Remind me to be super creative next year to make up for it. T'will soon be no choice as Luke will be fully aware of what it is and what he should expect. Actually, I'm really looking forward to making holidays lovely and sweet for my kiddies. That's the fun part actually. This might be my last year off. Trust me, Rob doesn't care.

Daily bit of melody...
Continuous Christmas music in the Spirit of Los Angeles.
Daily bit of social commentary...
Crime is a matter of opinion. This is frightening.

8 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

I couldn't get into the whole Christmas decorating either, even though not the same reasons as you.
I do feel for you in our quests.
I love your card, very sweet. Your artwork is beautiful :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

I really like your Christmas cards.. those are really unique and cute! We mailed out wallets to all our family with a regular Christmas card. :-) Simple way to do it, haha. next year I'd love to do a photo card. Will see!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Sorry about the IEP...life seems to one long unending stream of difficult details. Thank goodness Luke has you as parents to fight for him.
Your card is sweet. I can relate to going low key since other things are so pressing just now.
You'll enjoy it just the same...maybe more. :)
Next year....no escape. lol

Crime is an opinion! What an article/blog. amazing and scary to think on.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay for the simple christmas. We got our outside lights up last night. I dread the taking down.

The card is arr-some. Love it!!!!

11:06 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Sorry about the IEP. Iguess half is better than nothing but I know it has got to be tough.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Doug E. said...

Great work on the card.

Doug

3:43 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

At least you aren't hiding in your house and forgetting about Christmas!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Simple celebrations are the best - just think of how Jesus arrived in the world! I am sorry about the IEP - it's so frustrating!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home