Monday, February 20, 2006

::awning casualty::

Our awning toppled in a 5 second gust of wind yesterday. Literally no other wind was blowing. It was like this gust rose up for the sole purpose of knocking out our refreshing shade. For some reason it made us really laugh. Oh there is so much to do on this house.

But it was a glistening sunny afternoon today with just the right amount of chiliness. I can't complain. I can't complain either about the custard and peaches Rob made for me after dinner. I even let my carb-counting lapse for a few minutes.

What I might be feel compelled to complain about the teensiest bit however would be sandpaper in the pocket of Rob's shorts....in the washing machine (now adorning my new red blouse). Twenty lashes with a wet noodle.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Strange wind...:) I'm envying you those 80 degree days lately...chilly and wet here.

9:44 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh no! the same thing happened to our umbrella outside. Now it is this horrible eye sore that I have yet to clean up.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

OOOOOO - Don't you just HATE that...recently my husband forgot a BLUE MARKER in his pocket....errrrrrrrr!

Sorry about the awning :(

2:15 PM  
Blogger Radical One said...

o dear! bless you both.

3:01 PM  
Blogger forgiven said...

Hi Gina

Sorry but that Funny

Doug

9:29 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Oh gosh, I'd be upset about that sandpaper too!

8:25 PM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

Hey Gina -

Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we received Conor's official diagnosis today: autistic disorder. Thanks to your blog, I was spurred to research autistic spectrum disorders.
I pray that you are making good progress with Luke.

Blessings to you and your family!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Oh man! Uh...except I'm often the one leaving things in my pocket when they go into the wash. Doh!
Camy

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home