Saturday, February 25, 2006

Word up

Pudgy little sticky fingers lifted up toward my face as the word "up" (emphasis on the "p") is pronounced most self-assuredly by Lucas.
The first word in context: "Up."
My new favorite word.

Insurance covers the awning. Good thing. Wasn't looking forward to handing over a WHOOPing $2,700!! Geez.

So as Luke and I were returning from the library this afternoon, just as we were about to turn on our street, I spotted this woman pitch her entire McDonald's cup (straw, lid and cup) on the stop sign right at our corner. I promtly rolled down the window, and said, rather loudly, "hello?" and then "HELLO?". I proceeded to get out of the car, pick up the cup and take it to her. She looked at me completely bewildered. I realized she probably didn't speak a word of English. I don't know where I got the nerve at that moment. I'm not sure why I felt like it was my obligation to stop her. Was it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

How wonderful for Luke's first word!
and how brave of you to stop and educate our foreign friend on how thing are "done" or should I say, "not done", in our country. Good for you... and if we don't do these things...who will??

9:48 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Accountability is a great great thing...You are so much braver than I!! I probably just would have picked it up for her and been mad that she did it!!!!
I am glad she didn't flip out at you :) Ya never know how people will respond...so please be careful girly, but good for you ;)

Yea for "up"!!!! That is awesome!!
Sorry about the Awning...yikes...I never would have guessed they cost that much to fix...OMG!

Hope you hear more music to your hears..."up.... up.... up..." :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Hooray for you! I wouldn't have had the courage. It was the right thing to do.
Camy

1:25 AM  
Blogger forgiven said...

Hi Gina
Sometime we get real sick about this world...It just makes you want to throwup. IT'S THE SAME WAY AT MY JOB, but God wants us to be the light of the world. Sometime thats realy realy hard..

Pray for them ...They are lost

God Bless you

Doug

10:47 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I think it's good you did that. It's not her world. It's not her place to trash it.

Maybe it will make her think next time she wants to do that.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home