Sunday, March 19, 2006

::olga from peru::

After a particularly trying grocery store 'adventure' a sweet woman approaches me in the parking lot to ask if I need a babysitter. Is it that obvious? I think. She's a Godsend. Olga from Peru. She's a grandmother. Ahh, how wonderful is that? And she adores Luke and Leila.

Dennis the handyman is coming tomorrow to put together Leila's wardrobe and put up our shelves (shelving to be all the way around the kid's rooms for books).

Pastor Tae talked about parenting from a passage in Deuteronomy. Inspiring. I need to get on the blogging ball again. And the creative ball. I miss them both.

Visited the Bowers Museum on Saturday. Soaked in the lush landscape and enjoyed the intriguing Mummy Exhibit.

6 Comments:

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Oh there is NOTHING like an awesome babysitter :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Being approached by a stranger in the parking lot for baby sitting...sounds rather scary to me. :)
and yes, we miss you in blogosphere.

7:14 AM  
Blogger TheCatLord said...

been away from here for too long!
so sorry to hear about rob and the passing of his father. may God give him comfort and a peace during this painful time.
olga from peru? that's fantastic! i wish someone would take one look at me and offer help!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Wow, the Mummy Exhibit sounds really cool. I love stuff like that.

And how neat you got a babysitter! Those are so hard to find. My friend is still trying to get a high school student to come help her out one afternoon a week.

Camy

5:24 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Yay for Olga! Hey you're in Cali? I'm from Oregon, I used to live in Brookings which is 10 miles above the Cali border. How's the weather?

6:15 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Hey there, just wanted you to know I had stopped by. Thanks for reading Nitty.Gritty. I hope you find it worthwhile...and if you're looking for specific topics, drop me a note and I'll be happy to write about it! Have a great day.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home