Wednesday, April 19, 2006

::almost family portrait::

This is the closest we came to getting a family photo on Easter.
I must get a tripod.
I must get a tripod.
No, I really must get a tripod.
I hope your Resurrection Day was as beautiful as ours.
Despite having no idea how to cook it, some of our lamb was actually salvegable and made for a pretty nice meal.

A couple of you asked about photo filtering. Basically, if you use Photoshop for editing you can download what are called "actions" which do some pretty cool things to your photos. (I'd be happy to run some actions on your photos and email back to you if you'd like.) One is called Midnight Sepia. Then there is glam blur, portrait effect, etc. You can whiten teeth, smooth skin and even erase bruises off your kid's heads should they happen to fall the day before Easter and are sporting some nasty ones for your almost family portrait.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

That's a great photo, even if it's not the perfect one you wanted. We tried to take a family photo on Easter too but not one of my four children would cooperate and I finally got so irritated that I screamed "FORGET IT!" One day we'll get that shot.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

i love lamb, glad some made it. and i love your picture - the comment about bruises made me laugh. isn't that always the case???

2:19 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Great page even if the pic isn't perfect...it looks lovely witht eh filtering or whatever you did to it.:)
I have on had lamb one time when I liked it....I should take notes from those Italian friends rather than my Jewish ones I think. lol

2:14 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I think that's a great photo. It's been at least a year since we've had a decent photo of all of us.

8:03 PM  
Blogger M.E. said...

I think it is a cute photo!
I need to check out some of those filters! They look like time savers!
Glad you had a nice Easter.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

So glad you had a fab Easter! We have Lamb for Greek Easter (which is this Sunday...can't wait :)

Love the "almost fam portrait" too! You and the kids make such a beautiful photo ;)

We are soooo OVERDUE for a fam photo - but I am holding out until I lose some more weight - which may mean we never have one....LOL!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

This is great, I would love to learn these :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

I have a tripod but never carry it... I tend to prop my camera up on a ledge of car to get family photos haha. I have the "timer" option.. so it give us like 10 seconds to give in place.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home