Tuesday, April 04, 2006

::rare and beautiful::


Day 6 & 7 of the 21 Day Challenge

"A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit." Desiderius Erasmus

"A flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." ~Mulan

This quote Rhonna chose really hit home for me. The ribbons jumbled together represent adversity and some of the crud that we go through in our lives. I have some anger from some childhood junk and adversity is something we can all overcome. It doesn't matter where you come from or what you've been through. It's so inspiring to know that we are given the tools (friends, counselors, hobbies) to help us work through things and so that even though we've been through ugliness, we can (and will) come out amoung the most rare and beautiful. Thanks Rhonna. You helped me in ways you may never know with this simple selection. Keep doing what you do!!


A simple lunch idea that I really enjoyed today: apple sliced really thin with really good cheddar cheese sliced really thin and buttered wheat toast as a sandwich. I have this total unnatural passion for yogurt now. I've tried about 7-8 different kinds in about 2 weeks. Not the stuff that you get in most grocery stores mind you. This has to be the good Greek or Mediterranian version. Just plain with a tiny bit of sugar sprinkled. Just scrumptious. Luke has taken a big liking to it to. But he likes to suck it through a straw.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilli in Vancouver said...

I love how fabulously lumpy this is :) Now you've got me dreaming of yogurt. The two best yogurts I ever had were 1) in Manhattan, a thick maple yogurt with cream on the top.......and 2)in Ireland, a hazelnut yogurt (Danone?). I yearn to have them again :)

5:31 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Lovely! I guess I"m too late for the 21 day challenge--been awol for a while. That yogurt sounds awesome--I'll have to find some and try it.
Camy

1:52 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I love the quotes!! And the scrapping!!!

Just had yogurt with granola yesterday - YUM!!!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home