Friday, June 16, 2006

::and a partridge in a pear tree::

It happens once an hour at least. I glance over at Leila and she is making "mmm this is tasty" motions with her mouth. Our eyes meet. She is fully aware that, as so many times before, within a split second I will be lurching for her with diget extended and poised straight for her mouth. She acts quickly and twists her head around, away from my reach while simultaneously placing a "let's have a little game" expression on her dissapearing face. I catch her ankle, dive for her mouth and discover...
  1. carpet fuzz (x100);
  2. an earring back;
  3. day old cheerios;
  4. a nail hanging kit;
  5. a piece of one of Rob's book covers;
  6. and one roly poly critter.
    (not all at once)
Not being entirely sure what is going to come out the other end keeps life intriguing.
Some days it's, "Let's just concentrate on keeping them alive."

8 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Hallelujah! God is good ALL of the time! ;-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger bethmaat said...

LOL!!! i myself have discovered very interesting objects on their way into the stomach. too funny, gina.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Photography said...

Hi gina, thanx for visiting my blog, and hey you are really gifted with those cute children, they look really naughty and sweet, hope they dont trouble you very much, actually on the second thought they are supposed to be naughty in that age :-)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ah..I can't tell you how many times per day the same thing unfolds in our house. M is just ALL over the place.

6:51 AM  
Blogger audrey` said...

Yes!
God is very good all the time :)

1:40 AM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

Yuckos! Yuck yuck yuck! I don't know if I'm cut out for motherhood. Maybe I'll wait a while on the whole baby thing...
Camy

2:20 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

That's funny :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Hey what's wrong with day old cherrios? LOL! ~ jb///

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home