Sunday, June 11, 2006

::radio-flyin::


Since Leila was born Rob has been taking Luke out on Saturdays to spend time with him and give me a break (yes, I've pretty much got it made that way). Yesterday though I really craved some time alone with my little boy. It was like the olden days when he was my little buddy all day long, just Luke and mommy. After a memorable walk and park play he tagged along to Target, we bought him a trike, and he was a diamond the entire time. Once he looked at me so sweetly, as if to say, "Mom, it's just you and me!". A lengthy outing with my Lucas -on our own- will be a weekly tradition from now on.

Here is Leila in her first wagon experience.

If it wasn't pathetic how bad both Rob and I are at putting things together, it would be hilarious. It took us two hours to put this
together this afternoon. Luke almost made it to the end of the driveway before he was done with it.
True story.

Home Improvement Update.
Estimate on Air Conditioning $9700 (we live in an OLD house) complete new system would need to be installed...this includes $3,000 attic access opening)
Estimate on new windows ...brace yourself...$17,985 (and that's only because labor is "free")!
How about let's shop around a tad.


7 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Wow! CA is so expensive!! We replaced both of those items and it was not anywhere near any of those prices. Big sigh for you.

How awesome that you had that special time with Luke. Even though it is just Conor right now, I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes we have days just like that and they are so precious.

6:10 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I lived in Orange County for 50 years and never had air conditioning. But living in the Midwest without it would be a lot worse and worth every cent! ~ jb///

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! that's EXPENSIVE!!! hehe...

8:52 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

OH MY GOSH that much for windows? The air conditioning bill I can believe--it sounds about right for AC in NorCal.
Camy

12:11 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

OMGosh! on the Home Improvements!! I can't believe it! Definitley shopping around!
Love the pics of Luke on his radio flyer...I remember one Christmas Eve my hubby was on the front porch(to be quiet) til 4am putting something very similiar together for our son...that along with Barbie houses and GI Joe stuff about killed us. Plus side...my son actually rode his for hours that day. haha
Leila is adorable in that wagon!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

i love the pics of your kids. and one on one time with mommy and kid. i hope to be able to do that too, once baby number 2 appears.......and those prices :( blghk.....hope u find something better....

3:46 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

Eek! Just for new WINDOWS? They had better be like Batmobile windows for that price. And you should be able to make whatever weather you like appear out of them.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home