Wednesday, July 05, 2006

::battle stage::

Even though Luke is 3 1/2, he is essentially entering into his terrible twos, because of his delays. Everything is a battle!!

Our fourth was really fantastic other than the fact that we tried to go to the beach and discovered Luke will absolutely have no part. The waves completely freak him out. It's hard to tell what is going to have that effect on him. He used to love the waves. Now: panic. Poor little guy.

I also made the mistake of making a sugery dessert for dinner - I thought the kids might like a little treat -- Luke was hyper until 9! Like bouncy of the walls hyper!! He usually goes to bed at 6:30 or 7.

We haven't had cable in so long (just hooked it up for the World Cup) and I'm discovering shows I never knew anything about. I kind of think According to Jim is cute. What are your favorites?

I'm usually on the computer at night with Rob watching his shows.

Leila loves Elvis. Music in general. She can point to her head and said the word "up" today.

8 Comments:

Blogger GClef1970 said...

Conor loves the waves but just recently has accepted the sand. My biggest struggle with him at the beach is that it is such a wide open space that he wants to RUN and fill up every inch with his own body!

I feel your pain about the terrible two's. I've been telling everyone that Conor has been 2 since he was 18 months old (and he'll be 4 in August). He's just starting to come out of it. The only reason most parents make it through the terrible two's is because it only lasts one year. For us? We must pray for extreme patience and grace!!!

:-)

8:28 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I'm sorry - that sounds really tough :(

9:59 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi! Found your blog through Suzannes....I absolutely LOVE your scrapbooking pages (don't know if that is what they are called...I am very unfamiliar with digital scrapbooking!)you post on your blog! You are very creative & your kids are adorable - I guess they are the main reason your pages look beautiful :) Have a good day Gina!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger jane said...

little ones are so cute and cuddly when they are sleepin arent they? My brooke is two so im feelin for ya gina!! im pretty sure i remember that it gets better somewhere....lol.
If you just got your tv and are new to it....then of course you have to watch Big Brother!! it starts tonite, so you do not want to miss it!! It is crazy and catty and immature, and obnoxious and i am totally addicted, lol!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Catching up on your last few posts...love the tribute to Rob...Happy Birthday!
Love the summer pics of the kids! I love love summer...grubbies and all! :) I feel your pain with the terrible 2s...I always said my Kate went into them at 18 mos and never came out...lol...she doens't believe me when i say it either...
Here's one for ya...when I gave my first born ice cream the very first time he didn't sleep for 16 hours! I thought I would lose my mind!! lol Beware of the sugar monster..I later learned to give them a little each day to innoculate them...:)
My fav TV shows are all out of seasnon just now...I love 24, prison break and American Idol. sometimes I get into the CSIs...I'm not too good at remembering when they come on...my kids have to remind me.. :)
My husband and son keep me posted on sports so I don't have to actually watch them. :)
My son is in Germany while the Cup is going on...He loves the excitement.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

*Grin* Leila has good taste in music. But
poor Luke!

We live right next to a lake, so I'm hoping our little guy will like water, but we'll see.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

i think according to jim is cute too....hope the panic of waves and terrible late twos stages pass quickly for ya....

12:56 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I just realized that the other day - C will inevitably go through the terrible 2's even though he just turned 3. I figure he'll be going through it just about the same time as M. Oh my...

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home