Monday, July 31, 2006

::cool elegant color comp::

Weekend bullets:
  • Found out how to never worry about bad hair days again and have instant artsy-crafty appeal at the same time:
  • Beautiful connecting moments with Luke. He put his hand on my cheek as if to say, "Mama, I'll be okay. " Looked into my eyes and smiled. An angel boy.
  • I was made aware, once again, of the value of life and those you love. My uncle had some heart complications and ultimately had to undergo part A of a two-part heart surgery. Thankfully, he is recovering well and it is anticipated that the second surgery won't be so bad. I was reminded how we are so completely reliant upon Christ for everything. For life. I was reminded again to cherish it all...like the sweet conversation with my aunt and the strength she showed.
  • I'm waiting on new batteries for my camera. Meanwhile, I've seen the most photo opps ever with my kids. Of course. But they'll be more.
  • Found a new favorite photographer to emmulate.
  • You might as well know, I'm a FoodNetwork junkie. Giada De Laurentiis is my favorite. Saturday, for Rob and his friend Nick I made her Peas and Proscuitto, Chicken Saltimbocca, Spaghetti with Asparagus Smoked Mozzarella and Proscuitto . It turned out lovely with a chilled bottle of Shiraz. Compliments all around -- which is good.
  • I'm working on a kit with this photo as inspiration:
Just kinda liked the color composition. I'll show you the results.
  • Bought our tickets for the east coast. Leila and I will be flying out on the 9th for 2 weeks with my family in North Carolina. Really looking forward to a little R&R and of course, time with my family!

9 Comments:

Blogger dille2@cableone.net said...

Thanks for the photographer heads-up. Have 2 seniors shoots coming up in a few weeks. One kid is a skateboarder dude who rides with Livin it and Stephen Baldwin's group - FABulous group of christian skateboarders.

Love the inspiration for the new kit. Thinking my next layout needs to be Punchcard Love inspired. Have a great day...zalaine

5:25 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wow - the top pic - sign me up ;)

6:54 PM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Love the photographer...

HEY...where will you be in NC?

6:58 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I LOVE that wig. Seriously. That is awesome.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Your family is in NC 2?
Cool. What part? Im in NC right now visiting my parents w/ Caleb.
They are in Charlotte.
Its so hot here... going to be 100 on thursday :-|
That is one thing I do enjoy about Ohio... cooler weather hehe.

Hope the lil one flys okay.
Airplane rides can be hard sometimes. Calebs pretty good on them... its just hard to hold him for an hour and 1\2 being pregnant. He tends to squirm a lot.. and it bothers my stomach and he usually sits in one spot on my leg making it eventually fall asleep... haha

But other than that he is great.
He loves airplane pretzels :-)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Photography said...

Have a happy and safe journey :-)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I love coming to your site - you always make me smile :) Love the hair idea - and the inspiration for the photo kit - can't wait to see your results!!

Thanks for the encouragement about my sis...I know we will keep in touch - just sad to see her go.

10:00 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I have to get one of the "BAD HAIR DAYS" hats. I wonder if they come in GRAY? ~ jb///

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Yay for 2 weeks on the EC...Beware, its hot over here! ...I'm only a couple hours from the NC line...wish we could hook up for an iced mocha.
Can't wait to see what you do with that photo.
Have you ever worn one of those head thingys? I'll be they're warm!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home