Wednesday, July 19, 2006

::marjorie::

We ordered this .
The speech therapist we had a consult with yesterday told us this kit was her method.
Her sessions are $120 an hour (upfront). Luke would need at least one session a week. (That's almost $500 a month.) This kit was $174, free shipping.
No price tag can be put on Luke's speech, this is true, but what makes more sense?

I think Rob and I both maxed 20 minutes sleep total last night. Then Luke's first session was cancelled. Starbucks was called in to push me through the required 7 hours of double toddler entertaining.

Check out these fun rings from Anthropologie. But what do they have that isn't fun?
I like the Marjorie Cocktail Ring.

Technology wow of the day: here.

Got my first memory (scrap) book "commission" today! Yeah!

7 Comments:

Blogger Drea said...

So your son has a speaking issue? What is it about?... like whats the problem.

5:56 AM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

You know I love all things anthropologie.
And best wishes with Luke - I don't have any advice :(

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Love the Marjorie ring...Anthropologie is such a fun place...sorry you and Rob didn't sleep...I know these things, like Lukes needs are so difficult...$$ $$ $$... It all gets so overwhelming sometimes...
Katherine shared with me that life is indeed a rollercoaster ride, but better than a merry go round...:)

Congrats on the scrap commission!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi Drea.
My son is non-verbal - no words. Autism. Apraxia.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

We're in the same boat with you. I've called at least 30 speech therapists in the last few days and they all charge ~$125. And they all have 6-9 month waiting lists. And I'm very frustrated by the whole thing! :(

8:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Gina - I've been giving that kit some thought. Did you buy it with the intent of doing the therapy yourself since a private speech therapist is so expensive? Or did you get it so the private ST could use it herself? I wish I had more time in the day to work one-on-one with C. I have the best intentions but it never works out. So we through money at the problem and hope for the best.

5:03 PM  
Blogger forgiven said...

Hi Gina

You have a gift of life and a man can not even begin to know .
Can you just think how God loves to look at us.

Way to go mom .. nice job

God Bless

Doug

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home