Saturday, July 15, 2006

::saturday miscellany::


Here's a layout using my toybox collection.

Sale update:
Didn't make out so hot.
Grabbed a little for everyone including a much-needed suit for Rob at $400 less than original price! But never having tried a Hugo Boss suit on before, we found out he isn't a universal 40Long after all.

Changed my mind on nearly all the children's clothes after getting them home and the three dresses I picked up for myself...too...well, form fitting. So it was a bust, which is a good thing in the end. Less money spent and I satisfied my curiosity. The best of both worlds.

Of course I didn't come away completely empty handed (it was a sale after all). The two things I did think worth keeping included a basic white ribbed Caslon tee (love the fit and feel of all thier pieces) and a Halogen hoodie in that aqua/turquoise color that's everywhere that we'll all be sick of soon but nontheless is fun right now to mix with white in the summer or brown in the fall/winter.

So I'll revise the above. I made out pretty good really.


I've been thinkin a little about "free" thanks to an inspiring post by Cheryl.

I've been thinking also of investing a little into making my photography better. Saw this.
And I love Bryan Peterson's photography.

Luke was given an additional 15 hours by the Regional Center bringing his total to 40 hours of therapy a week. Seems like a huge amount for most parents to comprehend but we've gotten used to being seen as unconventional. For a child whose virtual every waking moment should be filled with interaction, this is a true answer to prayer.

8 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

that does seem like alot of hours...but i can imagine how wonderful it must be for you to get them!! Love the links you posted and your kit yesterday rocked!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

love all your little links - was just lookin at yesterday's and todays :) i really don't get the cow thing though - don't they just sell chicken? so why would u dress up like a cow? maybe i'm missing something....

10:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hee hee Bek. That's true. I think their thing is that they want you to appreciate cows, not eat them essentially but rather...eat chicken. Therefore...chick-fil-a... Funny really.

1:07 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I agree about satisfying curiousity - sometimes I just go for a looky-loo and am SO happy I don't find anything :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Hey G...great news about Luke!... and about the sale, I do the same thing...bring stuff home...try it out and take it back...lol
thanks for the link and I just LOVE Bryan Peterson's photography....WOw!

6:21 AM  
Blogger jane said...

well your layout was not there the first time i commented...i swear!! am i going batty???lol.
the layout rocks! loved how you used your own kit!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Your links are great!! You are so creative girl!! Love it!

Missin' ya! Blessings!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Lita said...

curiosity never killed this cat...hehehe

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home