Monday, July 10, 2006

::watermelon whimsy::


I love this Watermelon Whimsy kit by Angela Powers, Emily Powers and Lori Barnhurst of Sweet Dreams Shoppe.

I heard one of my children say "Mama" for the first time in context today. She was of course protesting being in her highchair but it was still so sweet I thought I would cry.

We're working on getting Leilas' British passport. Luke has his and this will give them both the option of working and going to school anywhere in Europe if they choose. Of course mama will be following right along with her backpack in tow. I can't fathom the idea of my children leaving. I know it is inevitable and it's what you really what because it's best but ...anyway...that's a long way off.

Now on to a more weighty subject...

How bad is it when you pay money to hire a babysitter so you can go to a sale?

10 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

HA! Is that even a question?!?! Being a shop-a-holic myself, OF COURSE it is completely fine to hire a baby sitter for an event like that!! ;) Just make sure you factor in that cost when you are finding all your great deals, hee hee.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It is so far away but I hate to think about my children being gone as well. My husband wants to move overseas after all of our children leave for college and I won't even discuss it with him. Being that far away from my children, even if they are grown adults, makes my heart hurt.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

That Watermelon page is adorable! She said mama?!?! How exciting!
As for the sitter and the sale...(sounds like a modern fairy tale..:)) Think of it as as buying personal time, exercise and a little freedom....I'm sur eit will be worth it. :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger jane said...

love the layout gina!! and how wonderful your little one is starting to speak like that!! the first time is definitely a heart tugger all the way!
and as bad as it makes us sound, i too hire bribe or steal babysitters to go on a shopping spree. I figure it is a good release for us so that we dont get overly stressed and take out our aggression on our families. We are really doing everybody a favor! :) shop on!

7:02 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

I think mama is the sweetest word ever.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

wow, going to school in europe even as children? would your whole family move then? just wondering....and the sale question just makes me laugh...too funny! :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Ummmmm...considering its Nordy's...I say its SO allowed!!! We only have ONE in Charlotte...and the next closest one is 3 HOURS away...sigh...

7:06 PM  
Blogger Radical One said...

ummm....i'd say paying a babysitter to go to a sale is just what the doctor would order for our health and peace of mind! (grin)

always enjoy visiting your place here!

blessings!
lisa

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lita said...

Did someone say sale??? Does that answer your question...hehehehehe

1:15 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Amber's comments are just LOL funny!

Love LOVE love the Watermelon Whimsy and the cute pics you took!!! So much fun!!

Miss ya! Way behind on blogging!! Thinkin of ya!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home