Friday, August 25, 2006

::bees and muddy waters::

Word to the wise:
Never board a plane with congestion in your ears.
You will experience intense pain.
You will be thinking, "I'm really going to go deaf while everyone around me watches that cheesy movie with their $2.00 headsets on."

We're home. Delightful to see my smiley little boy and handsome man waiting at the other side.
Wonderful memories of family gatherings. A picnic with swarming bees or a swim in the local mudhole might not sound like oodles of fun but it's the craziness of memories that might just keep them from fading away.
I wish Leila and I didn't get sick at the end of the visit but I seem to always get sick when I go home. Change of climate? Wierd.

Looking forward to catching up with bloglines. Routines. Here are a few of the many photos. More to come.

Cousin Greer and Canadian geese (thanks Wendy).


Leila and her Papa.

Getting acquainted as cousins do.


Group hug.

Juggling brother, Paul.

5 Comments:

Blogger Drea said...

Leila is getting so big!
Stinks about the sick-stuff.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

oh! i love group hug and cousin with geese. you took great pictures. welcome, home.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Welcome Home...I am sure you were missed at home and will be MISSED by your fam too.

I love the group hug photo too - my little guy calls those "all play hugs"...cute!

7:58 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Those are fabulous! and a swim in a mudhole sounds devine ;)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Glad you had a good time! But those are Canadian Geese, not ducks! ;-) We have a zillion of them around my home and I think they're beautiful but I hate them! They poop everywhere. My 3 yr old daughter says, "they need diapers!" She's right. And they hiss at us everytime we walk past. I tell 'em that if they don't like me they can fly straight back to Canada. They never do....

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home