Wednesday, August 30, 2006

::safe place::






  • Here's a few of Leila's party.
  • I had forgotten how fun it is to get hardcopy pictures. I haven't had any printed for so long since I was seeing so many on my computer screen. Mom reminded me how fun it was to "hold them in my hand". I was like a kid in the candy store picking them up from CVS.
  • We had a meeting today with CARD. We were a little bothered that they had scheduled a therapy session for Sunday morning. As it turned out, they suggested having a therapist in his Sunday School class. They can work with him on his programs AND he'll get some socialization at the same time. Great idea. We're glad.
  • I've been doing a little photography equipment dreaming at AlienBees.
  • I found this interesting. The astronomical odds are against us being here at all.
  • Wow, look.
  • Pondering this: Do my words create a safe place for others?
  • Search for movies and music you like and this site gives you recommendations for others.
  • Leila can put her hand to her mouth to blow a kiss.

8 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

i totally am with you on those hard copy photos! i printed out my first batch in ages just the other day. How quickly us digi doers forget how it feels to hold a real live photo in our hands!
awesome photos of your bday girl! she looks like she had a real blast!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Wow with the map thing! Leila is sooo adorable! I do like holding "real" photos...just soo many of mine are awful! That is why I NEED a digital! Maybe Christmas...sigh

6:34 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Happy Birf Day Little "One"...

I was just talking to Angela about my need to actually PRINT some of the photos I have stored in my computer...maybe a fun project for me while the kiddos are ALL in school :)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog! And coming to your site always brings me a smile ;)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

awe her birthday party looks so pretty! Calebs birthday party is this sunday (sept. 3rd) but he was born today aug. 31st.
I dont really have a set theme... lol
a lady at church gave us a bunch of thomas the train plates, cups, etc... so I sorta feel obligated to use them.

Thankfully Caleb does like trains.
But he also enjoys motorcycles and cars.. so ill involved those as well.

:-)
She looks precious.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Photography said...

Looks like its the birthday season, My lots and lots of birthday wishes to cute leila :-)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Awww! I love the flower in her hair! Looks like a fun birthday party :) Oh man...you have given me a craving to get some pictures developed. Last time I did that I got over 1000 prints made...spanning over 11 month. I am getting really behind again. That's one of the negative things about digital - you never feel the need to get prints.

6:44 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

awww - gorgeous pictures !
Your daughter is a doll !

4:49 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Those photos are beautiful - they look old fashioned :)

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home