Sunday, September 24, 2006

::34 miscellaneous little things that make me smile now that I think about it: for my 34th::

  1. Eating grapes off the vine; the purple fingers it leaves you with.
  2. Recipe experiments that turn out great. A clean-plate approval by the family.
  3. Running to not get wet in the rain. Getting wet anyway.
  4. Personal mail in the mailbox. United States Parcel Service.
  5. Baked sweet potatoes with extra butter, cinnamon and brown sugar
  6. A fresh pedicure
  7. Water Fountains
  8. The fact that tattoos have become hip and groovy
  9. A shiny sink
  10. Mom's Lemon Meringue Pie
  11. Anticipating one of my children walking through the door
  12. Running a bubble bath
  13. A photo shoot with zero keepers:

14. Piggy back rides
15 . Cool, moss-covered trails; getting to the top
16. Face painted fans everywhere.


17. Old yearbooks
18. Knowing your colors.
19. Twinkly lights on a summer night, in the backyard with friends. (Nope, that's not mine.)

20. Browsing aimlessley through a bookstore.
21. Christmas-tree-glowing Christmas parties and Christmas music.
22. A conversation with a stranger; wondering about what their story is, as you walk away.
23. Public displays of affection
24. Gelato bars
25. Knowing your Dad would love the music you are hearing someplace
26. Learning to Tango
27. Tickle sessions
28. The smell of Tide

29. Prints and patterns
30. Learning something new in Photoshop
31. Vintage cars, sunglasses, purses and shoes.
32. Cold ice water with fresh lemon
33. The smell the rain leaves.
34. Cobblestone streets.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

happy birthday!!!!! loved your list and your pictures! your post makes me smile and feel good (and the previous one with the apples made me laugh!)........me too on most those things esp. 17,20,22, 23.....i could go on and on, but that sink one!!??? :) i don't think i care about my sink enuf...:)

6:32 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Happy birthday!

I love that paper. And I love the photos!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

LOVED this post Gina! A few comments:

Your family is beautiful...those pictures were so nice!

I tried making sweet potatoes one time. I just couldn't eat them...I guess my taste buds aren't "mature" enough yet, ha ha!

Tickle Sessions - awww, good one!

Your list was so uplifting, bright & cheery. It made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside..thank-you for sharing!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Happy Happy 34th!! a lot of these things make me smile too...:)
Loved the apple eating pics of Lele.
too funny about the photo shooot that wasn't...
You do have a beautiful family though! Hope you are all feeling better by now...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Happy Birthday my September Baby Friend!!!

I love this list - why wouldn't I??? You always make me smile and I am always blessed by your creativity and witt!!

Love the fam photo - way coolio ;)

If I had your address I would send you a Big Hug in a Birthday Card - via the great US Parcel Service :)

I love so many of the things on your list too - especially twinkle lights, and Christmas time, and hearing my kids giggle when tickled - and getting wet in the rain (as long is it isn't freezing rain - lol) Sweet displays of affection - Learning to dance with my hubby :)

Thanks for being such a great blogging buddy - I really love coming to your site - and do count you as dear friend ;)

Blessings girl!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Heidi Grether said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Love your list.

Have been praying daily for you and for Luke.

4:29 AM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

Happy birthday!! Thanks for sharing happies with us. It made my day.

7:14 PM  
Blogger suzspeaks said...

I like your list & I like you! Happy Birthday (a few days late!)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Love the family photos :-)
you look so pretty

3:54 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

A Very Happy Birthday (belated)!
Love your list and what a gorgeous and happy family!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home