Saturday, September 02, 2006

::including the bathroom sink::




I kind of like the way these turned out.
Mom, I stole your picture-of-kids-in-the-bath in the bathroom montage idea. I took picture of our bathroom sink (see above) and made brushes in photoshop to accent the photos. Then I printed 8x10's to Kinkos (for a whole .89 cents on laser paper) - picked up two fantastic silver frames for...2.97 each on clearance at Aaron Brothers. Don't you just love stumbling into a clearance sale when you need somthing? So now I'm on a super charge mission to frame photos which I'm insanely behind on.

I'm trying the Magical Leek Soup weekend which I read about in the French Women book. I love how it says, "for whenever hungry, have some of the leeks themselves..." as if somehow if you're only eating leek broth there is ANY chance your stomach won't be clawing at your throat. Looking forward to feeling cleaner and lighter a bit. I've been doing a little too much Giada experimentation recently (how cool is this though--a website for Giada fans)! For example, I made Banana Muffins with Mascarpone Cream Frosting for the...ahem...children. Delish.

Check out my Lemon and Basil eggs on Foccacia bread.
This was super easy but bursting with flavor and look how fun that presentation is. Wouldn't you love to carry that into a bruch on carry-in brekkie? Here's the recipe.



Rob and I signed up for a 7-week marriage class at our church which I'm really excited about. Starts September 27. Two days after my birthday!

Luke didn't have the best day. Lots of stims. Little connection. Tomorrow is another day. It may be a good one.

Rob is working hard this weekend to meet some work filing deadlines. The kiddies were my buddies today, "helping" me pick out a new mailbox and find out about ordering a new shutter.

7 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

*Love* your creativity.

Have been thinking a LOT about my cooking ability ATM, and how crap and uninspired I am.

Blah !

:)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I've always wanted to do some sort of marriage classes...hopefully something comes up in our church sometime! Have fun!! I'm sure it will be beneficial - it's great that you have the chance to do this with your hubby!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Wow! sounds like you have been busy in the kitchen since you got home. Love your bathroom sink and the photos. Your church looks hip..:)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love those bathtub pics! Beautiful!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

It is always fun coming to your blog girl! You make me smile - and I love your creativity too!!

Think I will try your Foccacia Bread recipe - but will pass on the Leek soup (eewww).

And from one September baby to another - Happy Birthday soon girly! May this year be filled with joy and precious memories!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

i DO want to bring that to a brunch!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

and i'd like to hear how that leek fast goes....sounds interesting

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home