Thursday, September 07, 2006



  • It sank below 90 degrees for the first time in many weeks this afternoon so the kids and I headed to the park.
  • The concept of being the Mama - the one who makes my children's eyes light up -hit me today in all it's enormity. I had a flashback feeling. Have you ever had those? I remembered the feeling of waiting for my mom and then seeing her and I remembered the feeling of being so happy to see her as a child.
  • I cut Luke's hair too short. It's hard to get used to. At least it's cool and will grow out.
  • Online music on demand. Type any song and hear it.
  • Luke broke a pane in our window so at least a new window is a inevitability. Old houses are great but geez there's so much upkeep. One day though I think we'll realize it's worth it -- it could look really cool. Ah, one day...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Is Leila's hair blonde or reddish? I can't tell now...she looked so blonde in the NC pics but now more golden..or is that the light playing tricks?
Old houses...so pretty...so much work! I have vowed never to live in a house requiring upkeep again...lol...I guess that means I will have to buy a new place every 10 yrs. :)
My own haircut is really short this time...what can ya do?...it'll grow..

7:13 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Trust me on this one...our first house was an old 100 year old Victorian house - TONS of work needed - fixing and remodeling left and right....so with our second home - we built - thinking -less upkeep - right???!!!!! - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO - still always work too - think that comes with having so many cutie pies - but even we didn't - there is still yard work, and other things to work on...houses - no matter the age - are just work! LOL!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

oooppps - should say - "even IF we DIDN'T" have so many kids who have "accidents"...there is ALWAYS yard work, and little things to "work on"....

I think houses are just plain WORK! - But I am grateful for having a house and a HOME!

10:52 AM  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Cute! I used to live in O.C. I have a lot of family there.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Yes, I'm so very fortunate just to have a home. I am blessed indeed. Thank you for the reminder Kimber!:)
Cheryl,Leila's hair is a really light brown with both golden and light reddish highlights. A color I've never really seen before.

10:34 PM  
Blogger jane said...

i always cut the girls hair to short....i did brookes first haircut and really made her look like a boy. quite dreadful!!! I get that feeling too with my girls! Always makes me wonder if i am holding up my end enough to be deserving of all that trust they put in me. all a mom can do is try i guess!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

I love that outfit she has on! SOOO CUTE!!!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home