Wednesday, September 13, 2006

::nurture::

Ninety-seven percent of America's millionaires became wealthy through real estate investing. NINETY-SEVEN percent!!
Something to chew on. Not that I want to be wealthy...okay, maybe I wouldn't mind. I see a better retirement, kid's weddings, maybe kid's first houses? I've always thought it might be pretty cool to hand Luke and Leila a house or downpayment just as they are starting out. How fun would that be?

The first "Nurture Mom's" group was this morning and I am thrilled with it. Luke was shadowed by his therapist Adela. Leila seemed to have a blast in her class.
Yummy breakfast, fun, intellegent conversation.
Devotionals from: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.
The mentor mom has a husband who didn't start walking with the Lord until 3 years ago, at 60.
The table leader has a 13 year old autistic son.
They are two very precious women whom I'm already in love with.
I almost cried twice. Once for each time these women spoke and gave their stories. I knew it wasn't chance that I was in that very place in time.
Do you believe God has a plan?
Do you believe His hand is in your life?
I do, and today it was clear He cares about me and leading me to those who have walked the road before me.

11 Comments:

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Really? 97%? that seems like a lot. Maybe that's their *biggest* asset. I know it's ours :)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

97 percent of millionaires...yep, true. Unbelievable huh?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Wow that is a lot! I suppose the value of property just keeps going up doesn't it?
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

How great the Nurture Moms group went so well! I heard that Mary Heart book was really good, too.

Hey girl, I didn't have your e-mail addy but I'd love that pancetta carbonara recipe, please! camy [at] camytang.com

Camy

11:38 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

YES I DO! ~ jb///

4:08 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

WOW - that is an amazing Stat....and I hear ya about not having to be wealthy - and yet - wanting so much to bless my children and others...I've been thinking a lot about that lately!

I am so excited about where God has led you - seems perfect - and praying that it continues to "nurture and fill you" with lots of great stuff!! YEA GOD!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Heidi Grether said...

Thanks for connecting with me. Hope you and your husband can amass some wealth young. It is very hard later to not have a comfy nest egg.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Nothing by chance there...so glad you have found this group, sounds perfect for you. I wanns be in the 97%! :) Well I don't have to be weathly but I wouldn't argue if God decided to bless me a little more...lol

9:35 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

oh, mary heart in martha world - that is SO what i desire to have!!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Miranda said...

I think, with the way my life has gone, it would be impossible for me NOT to believe God's hand was in my life.

10:14 AM  
Blogger jane said...

how wonderful that you have found such a fabulous community gina!!
I think im going to get into realestate, lol!!!!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home