Thursday, October 26, 2006

Big Mac Pumpkin:


Speaker notes from Nurture Wednesday morning:
(Shame on me, I forgot her name.)
The topic was Loving Your Man.
Made me think a bit so I thought I'd share a little of her wisdom.
  • There is a frog and a prince in every man. Some women are frog hunters but other women bring out the prince in the very same man.
  • No woman has had perfect relationships with men all through life and we are afraid of getting hurt. We need to let go of the fear of being hurt and stop seeing men as a threat -- it's irrational.
  • Do you want to influence your husband? You cannot influence anyone you don't have compassion for.
  • Prov. 19:22 . There is a hole in our souls. Nothing in this world will satisfy. We were made that way so that we would seek God. Only a personal relationship with him will fill this hole. So many women try to have this hole filled by their man. We seek value, worth and affirmation from our men but they will never make us truly happy. They are incapable of making us truly happy because they are human like us. We must stop looking to our men to satisfy us completly. It isn't their job and we are setting them up for failure.
  • Our husbands don't define who we are.
  • We cannot love a man while we are looking to him to validate us. Men don't like needy, whiny women who need validation from them.
  • Our husbands, by and in God, are: 1) Deeply loved; 2) Completely forgiven; 3) Fully pleasing; 4) Totally accepted; 5) Complete.

8 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

It's hard to read sage words of wisdom when you are staring at a pumpkin-burger and thinking "oooh yesss, niiiice" :)

"Easily distracted by others"
( or burgers ) .. yep, that's me !

5:14 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

hee hee, I felt the same way as h&b! I wanted to comment about the pumpkin burger and than thought about how un-important it actually was compaired to the rest of your post (which I skimmed over, I will be back to read it and comment on it later...then I can seperate the two).

Ok, back to the burger: ewww, that thing looks disgusting! Can you believe I have never had a big mac in my LIFE?

7:24 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

LOVE these words...not sure about the pumpkin...it kind of twists my stomach up to look at it! hehehehehe

The speaker wouldn't happen to have been Stasi Eldredge would it? or at least have been influenced by her? These are themes that are in her book "Captivating."

10:24 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Chksngr -- yes, she did mention the book Captivating and Staci Eldgrige and the fact that she was influenced by her a great deal.

7:55 PM  
Blogger jane said...

great post gina! Im actually going to borrow a few and give them to a friend! hopefully they will help her out.
gotta ask, lol...where did you find the pumpkin burger, haha!!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Okay - first the pumpkin - FUNNY and weird at the same time - wink.

Onto the Nuture Mtg. - wow!! Loved it, it is so where God has me right now - knowing that the whole that is still in my heart can not be filled by ANYTHING but God...and focusing on the fact that in God I am COMPLETELY LOVED, COMPLETELY WHOLE, FULLY PLEASING, TOTALL ACCEPTEED, and COMPLETE - which they talk a lot about in a good book that I am reading "Search for Significance"....

Letting all of this wash over my soul ;) Thanks girl!

10:49 AM  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Great words, and am in total agreement :-)
Thanks for visiting my blog.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

What a wise momma...Amen!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home