Saturday, October 14, 2006

::look who's talking::



  • So Rob just up and decides to paint the kid's bathroom. Not even on a honey-do list. Bonus points.
  • We found a new park in our neighborhood - well kind of, a couple of miles down the road. Pond, ducks, playground, picnic tables and trail.
  • Looking forward to having friends over for dinner tomorrow night.
  • My sister likes Ann Taylor Loft and I have to say I snuck a peak in Ann Taylor today and they really had some classy ensembles going on. Now that I'm more than officially into my thirties I'm thinking I need to be more of a classical dresser. Somehow that doesn't really go with my lifestyle right now though (rescuing toddlers from mounds of dirt, cereal, poop and bubbles consistently throughout the day and occasional gardening, cooking and cleaning) but I sure wish it did. I'd love to dress like the leading ladies of the 30's. Wouldn't you? (Okay, I guess I just excluded my male readers with that last statement - leading men?)

9 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

O .. M ... G .. !
What a BEAUTIFUL photo, and you listed first words - *gasp* - oh, too good, too good ...

Lovely work, just beautiful.
This composition outshines everything before !

4:40 AM  
Blogger Em said...

I *love* your art work. It's priceless.

And a husband who paints bedrooms!! You are a lucky woman.

I live in jeans and t-shirts ... and expect I will be doing so until I hit 40 (when my youngest turns 4) at which point I will start dressing up!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what a gorgeous layout wish I had thought to do the same for mine while I still remembered the words.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

She's saying that many words at just 14 months? That's incredible. M is 13 months and can only say mama, dada, dog, and down. We didn't know she could say "down" until this past weekend. I was playing Ring Around the Rosie with C and when we got to the end she yelled "down" and crouched down. It was so cute. :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Yay for Lele! Great scrap page too! The pics of the kids from the last couple of posts are too cute..Luke helping wash the cat...fun! Maybe Leila"s words will inspire Luke too.
I love the slide show you have added to your sidebar!!
You'd look fab in the Ann Taylor stuff but I don't think it does fit into your lifestyle just now...:)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

oops I meant wash the car of course...Loved to see him wansing the cat...lol :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

i know what u mean about clothes. i'd love to dress like my lifestyle does not afford. :) thanks for being so down to earth. i feel better about myself after reading that u feel the same way. and i think of u as a pretty classy lady.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yep, since turning 40 (and kids getting older) I've decided the classical look can work for me. Still wear jeans but with a tailored jacket some days.

(And thanks so much for leaving me a message. Believe me there are some days (like when it's really weedy) when,if I could, I would package up my back yard and send it to you!)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I agree with H&B - what an amazing pic of the girl :) Love the long eyelashes - and those CHEEKS!!!

Yea for new parks and painted bathrooms :)

Ann Taylor Loft is AWESOME - and though money or practical "running" around doesn't permit for much of Ann to reside in my closet - I blessed to say - there are a few items hanging there :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home