Thursday, December 28, 2006

::and then he was four::

The most amazing day of my life will always be the day you were born. Four years ago.
There was a shift, a indescribable warmth that blossomed in my soul when I held you for the first time.
You are a daily reminder of the hope of eternity...the hope of beautiful and perfect and just in all it's fullness.
Your sweet gentleness is like none I've ever seen in any person and I believe it will be with you forever.
There is a peace about you that I hope you never lose.
I will never know all the answers (or even all the questions) in this life but I do believe you have a truly amazing purpose. I believe many people, because of you, will learn how to be kind, will learn how to love unselfishly and maybe find the hope that I see in you.
From this moment on, you can be anything you want to be.
You are brimming with promise.
I love you more and more each day.
I am blessed, bigger than the sky, to be your mommy.
Happy Birthday my dear Luke.

10 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

Gina, this is so wonderful!!! He has the face of an angel!! And that smile could light up the entire nation!

Happy Birtday Luke!!!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

While I am wiping the tears from my eyes I wanted to say that was beautiful...your son is a handsome young man. Our babies grow up, heh? You blink & they are 4!

You are a good mamma.

6:37 AM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

so sweet...and touching...

Happy Birthday sweet Luke!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Just beautiful...the writing and the photos.

Happy Birthday Luke!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Happy Birthday Luke.

He is so cute!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Happy birthday to Luke. What a sweetie. And what a sweet mama you are too. Love those photos.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

What a beautiful tribute! Happy Birthday, dear Luke!

2:26 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Happy Birthday Luke.

Your mommy made me cry with this beautiful ode. You truly are a lucky boy to be so loved and cared for.

Hope you had a great day !

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

Happy Birf day Luke!!

Gina this post was truly amazing!! You are a great mamma! Enjoy your little treasure - he sure is getting big. I pray this is a great year for him and for your whole fam.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Em said...

What a beautiful letter. You made me cry :)

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home