Monday, January 01, 2007

::aroma di roma::

Happy 2007!
It was fun to spend the morning at our old stomping grounds in Belmont Shore.
So nice to see people we hadn't seen in a while -- since before Leila was born.
We were barely keeping our eyes open but managed to watch the ball drop.
As always, had a blast with Clare, Scott and their boys.
We're getting a lot of beach time in -- yet another sand romp today.
Why do I post so many photos on every blog? I know I'm extremely visual. Perhaps that's part of it. Another big reason is that Rob's mum (who lives in England) just got her first computer (Hi Bet). Naturally, we'll be posting many shots for her benefit. Then again parents, do we need a reason to show off our kiddies? Not likely.

I chose to use the term "commitments" rather than resolutions. Thanks to Felicia for the insightful look at habits and making New Year habits that stick. So here for the world to see, I'm committed to...
  1. Buying myself nothing this year (don't gasp, yes it's revolutionary and nutso but there are many thoughtout reasons for doing this). Firstly, I spend entirely too much money. Secondly, I have way to much stuff, far more than I could ever use and frankly, I would like to remind myself what it's like to not just run out and get whatever I need. It's about self-control and not losing focus.
  2. Developing the habit of eating like a french woman (eating for pleasure, not as an obsession or because I've waited too long to plan dinner and am ravenous).
  3. Developing the habit of keeping my calm when the children whine, draw on the walls, spill sticky juice or wreak general havok in our lives.
  4. Develop the habit of growing closer to understanding the revolution of my King.
  5. Read all books by John Eldridge.
  6. Develop the habit of working out.
  7. Develop the habit of understanding photography.
  8. Have all videos uploaded onto bliptv.
  9. Have both children's baby albums finished.
Miscellaneous shots not related whatsoever to any of the above...

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Whoa girl, you've got some serious willpower and some serious cute kids! Happy new year!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

Great pics of some adorable kiddos!

Ok, when you say you're buying yourself nothing, do you really mean nothing??? Not even a new shirt?

5:08 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Love the pics!! Love the NY's "committments"..:) Especially the one about understanding the revolution of our King! Awesome stuff! It really isn't about us, is it?
Hope you're having a fabulous start to your year with your friends

7:03 AM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I liked all the comments left here already!! Ditto to what they all said!

I have made some New Year "commitments" myself - but none as brave as your "buying nothing new" - good luck on that one...my two major ones would include working out more and spending more time with the King :)

Hope this is a great year for you and yours girly!

And keep those pics coming - we love them!

11:07 AM  
Blogger LBA said...

But that's why I love your blog so much ! Photos !!

I actually didn't realise I was such a visual person myself either, but I hate blogging without photos .. and so many photos are son-related !!

Have a great New Year, Gina !
Your committments are very brave ( especially the one about not buying yourself anything for a WHOLE YEAR. I'm in awe. Can she do it ? )

Perhaps I could do it though, as most things I buy for -me-, are actually for -the house-.

Crafty thinking, no ? ;)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home