Sunday, January 14, 2007

::ha, ha fooled you, i'm a submarine::

Began the weekend with Rob's rendition of Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Despite my attempts at reasoning, he failed to see how it mattered that shore didn't rhyme with dream and carried on with his lively performance.

And this is my new favorite (a most refreshing must-read):


Excerpt: "...Christianity is not primarily a moral code but a grace-laden mystery; it is not essentially a philosophy of love but a love affair; it is not keeping rules with clenched fists bt receiving a gift with open hands." (See? Refreshing.)

And I'm reading this and this at the same time. Are you a several-at-one-time reader? I'm not always but sometimes I find there's just too much to read and I have to start them all at once. All three on my nightstand just now.

And I've settled on this for the time being. Leila and I start our first class tomorrow at 9:15.
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it.

And Leila is into hairclips. The more the better.

And why was I sad when she stopped saying "Guke" for Luke?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hairclips are cute... for leila. =)

10:28 PM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Love Ragamuffin Gospel...its an awesome read...so nice to just focus on GRACE.

Also reading Grace Based Parenting...which really gives some insight on parenting as a Chistian from someplace OTHER than Spare the Rod, spoil the child...

LOVE the clips...so totally cute!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

That book is so good. It's down-to-earth Christianity, the way it should be. It goes well w/ The Message version of the Bible. Enjoy!

3:32 PM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

I love that book! i went to see brennan manning speak a couple of years ago.

i remember when my L wanted all the hair clips she could find in her hair! so cute of your little girl. have fun dancing!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

what a refreshing read indeed. I met Brennan Manning quite a few years ago at a small retreat in Alabama. He's a very sweet man. he was sitll a monk at the time.
Gymboree sounds like such fun! and Leila looks so cute in her hair bows..:)

12:56 PM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

I think about you all the time too! You are the best Gina! Thanks for the warm welcome back :)

I too am a multiple reader yet when I read the Ragamuffin Gospel it was by itself. What a great book! I should pull it out again. And what a special picture of your little girl! She is getting so big. What a precious age.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

how was the class???? i read several at one time, too. ALWAYS. and sometiems i even skip around in books. i know, i'm a little crazy. :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Kimber said...

I love love love Ragamuffin Gospel!

It is sad that time marches on so quickly...I still miss my Derek saying "Hold you me"...

But I am a lucky mom - my 13 year old BOY still lets me 'nuggle' him sometimes :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Photography said...

This is a truly awesome para :-)

1:18 AM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Life is but a dream

Row row row your boat
Gently to the shore
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Home for tea at 4.

I agree with Leila about hairclips - too much is never enough.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home