Tuesday, January 09, 2007

::new horizons and thomas the tank bookbag::



The first day was jammed with running and and swinging and sand play and songs and hugs from sweet-smelling lovely teachers.



Leila enjoyed it as much as he. And adored the attention.
Of course we both followed him around the entire time. He had a blast.
Now I'm looking for classes to take Leila to with me since we can't follow him around every day.

We were thinking like to test a few types of activities out on both L&L really early and see which they take to:
  • Some type of dance;
  • Martial arts;
  • Gymnastics;
  • A sport;
  • Music (piano? violin?);
  • Swimming.
Not all at once of course - at some point between now and 5 or so. (We are so not the pushy parent type. We're talking exposure not excelling at everything.)
Montessori?

I just want to play with my babies forever and color and sing and teach the ABC's and have tickle time.

9 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

Oh, those pics are adorable.. your kids are adorable !!

And those steps ... coming off your house, and the gate ? Looks like an equally adorable home. Wow.

I so hear you on the exposure vs. 'Pressure Parent', and the difference is you. I wish I was exposed to all these great things as a child, and if they don't like something, fine !
Ebay that Clarinet !

Which is why I don't dwell in the past. The future is ours, and belongs to those we raise and love.

Happy first day, Luke !

3:08 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

He's too cute wearing that bookbag!! Aren't those the sweetest memories?

It hurts me to see parents pushing kids too hard. Exposure is the way to go. I agree.

I love your photography style, by the way.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Your children are gorgeous!! Love the photos. The one of your daughter, those eyes! Wow! I like your activities list, too.

11:04 AM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

sweet pics...

my big 15 year old used to love thomas the tank engine

1:13 PM  
Blogger jane said...

happy holidays to youtoo gina!!!!! love your photos as alway! such darlings! My oldest daughter is in dance and loves it! It has really helped her with balance and rythm too which has helped her in other areas. My youngest will be starting (she is about to turn 3) in september. Music and children...how can you go wrong??, lol! Brooke is always copying Victorias dance moves when she practices, and it just makes my heart smile!! it would be nice if we could just fingerpaint with them thru their days wouldnt it!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

how'd u do first day, mom? did u cry? wow, i can't imagine this day will come for me...but i know it will...i like your idea of starting early.....i think dance and music are naturally in all kids, and 3 is not too early for either of those...(with my experiences teaching dance, and from what i've heard from music teachers i know)....and dance and music are so healing....those are my votes. :) (haha)blessings, gina. happy new year.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

the reason i put haha is b/c i think it is funny that i am casting a vote on what your children do. :) but those really are my serious thoughts.

8:12 PM  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Lovely photos. I'd be guided by what my daughter enjoyed doing, but in Australia it seems swimming is often the first organised activity many children participate in.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

We have that Thomas bag - Cherub loves it! Congrats on the fisrt day, glad it went well.

Tap-dancing is a great activity for kids ... but I would say that ;-)

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home