Friday, January 26, 2007

::sleep, and lack therof::

I'm getting "zoom error" everytime I try to turn on my camera. It just beeps and the lens doesn't come out. Oh yes, also...it doesn't take pictures.
Which is key.
So it's off to the camera store first thing tomorrow.

To me, there are few things worse than getting lost on the southern California interstate system. There are few people better at getting lost than me. So, Mapquest + Laminate +Twine = my own personal naviagation system. Now I just need to remember to put them in the car.

Leila was up most of the night.
This is the situation. Both the kids are in the same room right now. Leila wakes up, Rob goes to get her immediately.
Now, the way I look at it, she'll go back to sleep.
Rob doesn't want her to wake Luke.
So instead he gets her and we take turns with her for the rest of the night rather than put her back in bed.
So I've been missing my work-outs in the morning since I'm too tired from staying up all night.
Would you leave her in there to fall back asleep?
What are your thoughts?
The way I see it, there is a lot to be said for Mommy getting her workout time (working off that stress) and not being a contankerous cow.
Leila is 18 months. Not a baby anymore.
Kind of a bone of contention this morning.
Now Rob insists we must buy a bigger house.
Not so easy in So. California.
Have you seen the prices here recently?
I don't want to have a mortgage payment at 75.
Okay.
That's more text than I think has ever been in one post.

On a lighter note, what are you having for dinner? I'm looking for some fresh ideas. Maybe I'll go wonder around here some.

I'm thrilled about this.

6 Comments:

Blogger suzspeaks said...

Love the new banner!! Too cute!

You always find the BEST websites!!

Tonight we had black bean/chicken nachos w/ homeade quacamole!!! YUMMY!!

We'll have to exchange some recipes!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Cutie pies! Love the eyes and smiles.

I know the feeling of doing more and sleeping less. "This too shall pass," was my mantra.

Anyway, I would agree w/ Angela. Leave her and they will both learn to deal with it...and you'll be a better mom for it,; you'll get your sleep and exercise!

3:28 PM  
Blogger holy chaos said...

my husband cooked italian this weekend! so good... if web developing doen't work out he says he is going to open an italian restuarant.

my sister used to live outside of la and another one live in Sacramento. your all's real estate is crazy... come back to SC! :)

i know about missed workouts because of sleep depravation. i hate paying the membership dues and not getting to go.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Our boys share a room and the oldest RARELY wakes when the younger one cries in the night. Kids sleep pretty deeply. Your sleep is important too, most definitely! Put her back so she knows how to self-settle (after some reassurance from you guys ie little cuddle or soothing words and kisses)- that way hopefully she won't become an insomniacal adult and you won't become homicidal ;-)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

you do find cool websites! Hope byour camera gets better soon...and that personal navigation system is priceless!! :)
As for Leila and staying up all nite...I'd probably be putting her in my bed before you know it...is Rob getting any more sleep than you? if not..maybe he'll give in soon...lol
I wouldn't want her to wake Luke but then what would be the consequences of that?? both up? so how is that worse than than you and Rob and Leila up? I'd either let her go back on her own or put her in my bed...sleep is too precious and workout time too.
Never heard of the hubby wanting a bigger house and the wifey hesitating...lol...
the pics are as usual..awesome!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

BTW...won;t you need a bigger house eventually? It won't be as simple to room them together as they grow considering they aren't same sex...maybe sooner is better with the house thing.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home