Monday, April 23, 2007

  • Two conversations are making me realize again how truly blessed I am: with my biological sister, Angie, on Saturday and with my sister in law/adopted sister Julie today. Love you Ang. Love you Jules.
  • I really like the work of Sarah Hanson who is a mixed media artist from London. Check more out here:
  • The bestest neighbor in the world gave me these little goodies just for picking up their mail for a week. Love the lavender touch. Stealing that idea.
  • Of course I have to blog about Leila's first pedicure. (Taken over a week after the actual event but captured forever in the annuals nonetheless. At 21 months. I do hereby vow not to be one of those obnoxious girly girl salon-loitering-makeover-your-toddler moms. Just to prove it: 3 months until we try out the karate.
  • As I was picking up aforementioned neighbors mail I was able to take a really good look at her unbelievably manicured and scrumptiously colorful garden and noticed she had these cute little solar powered lights. Not to "keep up with the Joneses" but really have been thinking of ways to incorporate some lighting in the garden. I came up with these (nothing like hers trust me so she has no idea I don't think that I totally stole this idea too).

8 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

What lovely chubby toes!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

We have always wanted to get some of those solar powered lights. They are expensive though - and there has always been other things to spend money on! I was thinking for Fathers Day I'd splurge and buy some for my hubby. He talks about them more than me!

6:18 AM  
Blogger amberdusk said...

I love the garden lighting and Sarah Hanson's work. I'm not sure if you were planning on adding the rocks but I think it is a nice touch.

9:52 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Love the lights...those are especially nice!!! I like that they hang...most of those I've seen are shaped like the Jetson's house.

DIG those pink toes...although I must say that I'm not quite sure how anyone looking at her would notice... I never seem to get past her eyes!

thanks for the visual respite in the art...some days, that little bit of visual umph is EXACTLY what I need!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger tommie said...

love the lights and the little pile of stones at the base

11:58 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

Oh, my gosh! I want your neighbor!

Love the toesies!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Ileana said...

Love that pedicure! I miss little feet like that puttering around the house. My 10-year old is wearing a size 8!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

karate and beautifully pedicured toes...what every girl needs to survive in this world..LOL Leila's toes are too cute..my Jadabear's mommy is toe and fingernail obsessed so Jada get regular pedis(at home of course..:) Just like mommy's) :)
Love the light in the garden...is it really solar?!? That is too cool!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home