Thursday, May 31, 2007

Make a Chair and Take a Seat

While connecting with my digi scrap buddies I ran across this: Post-it fun layout which struck me as hilarious that this fella was such a great sport.

Leila and I made another trip to IKEA to pick up the things we had picked out previously for the guest room. Here I go again with the flat packs. This comic sums it up well...

It truly is like that. Everything looks gorgeous in the store. And even more gorgeous when you look at the price. "I can have all this for that price?" But then you bring it home and after putting in every blessed screw and tightening each and every piece of pressed chip-board with your blistered hands...it doesn't look so pretty. Nevertheless, there I was. So, before and after guest house pics coming soon.

Page 66!


Credits.

7 Comments:

Blogger Traci Reed said...

I totally love IKEA, even if I have to put it together myself!! LOL

5:58 PM  
Blogger SarahB said...

What a fun little cartoon! I've always wanted to go to an IKEA, but there aren't any nearby!

That Post-it layout was hilarious! Thanks for pointing it out!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I've never heard of IKEA but isn't that the way anymore you have to assemble everything. Love the Post-it layout and glad that wasn't my dh as he wouldn't have been that good a sport.

6:51 PM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

---> Is still waiting for Orlando FL to get lucky enough to have an IKEA....
(I guess Mickey Mouse is supposed to be good enough)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

yeah..that IKEA...I remember once having a huge entertainment center spread out in a million pieces on the floor...with the entire family standing around it trying to figure it out...and daddy doing most of it whilst everyone else watched or handed him something...but would he let us observers depart to other chores...no he would not...now we have a family joke..."how many richeys(family name) does it take to______?" just fill in the blank...lol..every project or chore is now defined this way....

6:17 AM  
Blogger Ileana said...

This brought back memories of my first trip to Home Depot, the "do-it-yourself" store. My husband and I call it the "find-it-yourself" store because we can never find any employees to help us find what we're looking for. Again, we're in Miami, so even when my husband finds someone, I'm the translator. Not fun.

The cartoon was cute!

8:54 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

I LOVE the post-it layout...(and idea...I'm thinking this is a practical joke worth lifting!!!)

IKEA!!!

We are getting one here sometime next year...I am both excited and dismayed. I love IKEA, mostly, though their decorative and organizational items...I am dismayed because even at the inexpensive pricing, I can spend a FORTUNE in that store!

Of course, I cannot let dear husband put any of it together...he doesn't like instructions and ends up getting frustrated.

tee hee!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home