Thursday, June 21, 2007

Surprise Summer Malone

About 7:40 this morning, just as I was stepping out the door with my scrubbed-up figgities, I happened to look inside Luke's bookbag. What I saw stopped me in my tracks. A sweet little note from his speech teacher, "Happy Summer Vacation".

Hmm, how did I not know this? Luke will have sessions in the summer but it never really dawned on me that he might have a break before summer school starts. But he does.

Summer school doesn't start until July 9. Am I admitting it's difficult to have non-school mornings with both my kids? You bet your sweet bippy. The concept "engaged in a functional activity" is completely foreign to my sweet little boy. If he's not climbing the bookshelf or side of the dryer, he's turning on the shower, dangling a shoe or eating rocks. Literally. All. The. Time.

It boils down a crazy amount of stress.

So to recover... I'm off to my Jo Malone fragrance appointment.

6 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I adore jo malone... it truly is the best way to destress... I start each morning with my jo malone shower scrub and smell it sweetly all day long... (a little pampering goes a long way!)

8:51 PM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

I TOTALLY feel your pain! Putting on the hat of "Cruise Director" for your spectrum child is a bit of a challenge. Playdoh? Well, maybe for 5 minutes... and then I'll eat some. Painting or coloring? Uh, no thanks. That requires fine motor skills. Arts and Crafts? Are you kidding me? Unless it involves unrolling a roll of toilet paper just for fun, my boy is definitely not interested.

I sooooo want another baby. But, I think I might have a nervous breakdown at the thought of two in this house. I give you MAJOR props. Hang in there!

6:57 AM  
Blogger tommie said...

I totally know where you are coming from! With hubby still deployed, I have my 4 year old in "summer camp" at his preschool. We both really need the continuity of school. It is a Montessori school and he loves it.

Your jo malone place looks amazing!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi Melissa, for some reason I can't get to your personal blog. I couldn't leave a comment on your prayer blog either! Eeek.

9:33 PM  
Blogger GClef1970 said...

Gina -

Email me at mhose@stetson.edu and I will send you an invitation to view the blog. Sorry about that -- I had thought that I had already done that. :-/

4:30 AM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

The jo malone stuff sounds great.

I know from experience now to ask my kid every day if there are any important notes in the school bag....

Good luck with the stay-at-homes

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home