Wednesday, July 04, 2007

She's enjoying it, really.


My intense Leila in the midst of the neighborhood children's parade...

And savoring her orange dream popsicle after.

The husband and I differ on family outings.
Generally, I tend to want to dive right in and take Luke to everything we can, despite his quirkiness.
Rob feels that it just isn't worth the effort.
I think we might as well get him used to things and practice dealing with the looks and questions.
For Rob, it's way too painful and emotionally disturbing.
So ultimately, what ends up happening is Leila and I tend to go on our own and Rob ends up staying home with Luke.
For me, it's more painful not to have Rob and Luke with us.


Upon our return our chef-friend Michael was working away in our kitchen putting together the most scrumptious apple-wood chip BBQ chicken, potatoes with goat-cheese stuffed zucchini flowers and this heirloom tomato Caprese salad. (Yes, our friend comes and cooks us meals --I think heavenly is the word you're looking for).

6 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

I must admit, I hate it when public outings are 'too hard', and need to be given a push in that direction too.

But I know what you mean.

And your neighbour ?!

- - - - - - W*O*W - - - - - - --

6:34 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Ummmmmm...WHERE do I find a neighbor like THAT!??!?!?

Love the pics of Leila...too darling!!! She has the best eyes!!!

On outings...I am rather with you.

I prefer experiential exposure...we put Jayden out there into new things as much as possible. We just feel like its the best way to learn how our world and community work. The learning is two-fold...Luke learns by experiencing something new and uncomfortable and so does Dad...it is in our discomfort that grow and change...

There is something that really bothers me here, though, more than Dad's approach...I find it SO TRAGIC...as a culture, it would be so much cooler if we could support your efforts cooperatively and with encouragement rather than stading apart and assessing judgements, if we could lend our hands to making your burden lighter, rather than our stares to make your burden heavier.

Luke is a precious, adorable, wonderful little boy - a child of God, a piece of God's great creation and plan for all of us.

Tragic to me that more people out side of your family and friends - those staring strangers that make these situations hard - don't focus on the blessings, the special gifts bestowed by God to this child, the he is among us to Bless us with something we could not get anywhere else in this world.

7:56 AM  
Blogger tommie said...

Looks like a great neighborhood party....so sorry that the whole family couldn't be together.

As for the dinner, that looks amazing! We have always been in supper clubs until we moved here last summer. My husband left within months of us getting here, and I didn't want to do it alone. Once he gets back, I hope to find one.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

you have a chef friend?!? I used to have one of those and boy was it great! that Leila is a doll..glad she enjoyed the party...not that you can tell from the pics...lol
...too bad about Rob and Luke but I suppose compromise is the name of the game there...probably..as in most things..you are both a little bit right...

11:10 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

You're right! It looks heavenly! ~ jb///

10:27 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

The pictures of your little Leila look like something out of a magazine. She's extremely photogenic.

I'll have to read more about Luke. In the short time I've read your blog, I mostly focus on the pics, but now I'll have to dig.

The dinner plate looks scrumptious! I'd like to come home to that myself!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home