Monday, August 06, 2007

C is for Cake

  • My mom made the best chocolate cake when I was growing up called Texas Sheet Cake. It was a cross between deep rich cake and a luscious brownie. Then she'd top it with fudge icing. I liked it best a little warm with a dollop of melting vanilla ice cream. Never have tasted a cake I like more.
  • My sister-in-law makes incredible detailed birthday cakes for all her kids' birthdays and for most all special occasions in our family. I tried to make a soccer ball cake for Luke's first birthday and it was a disaster.
  • Do you think you can have your cake and eat it too?

5 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

How funny....

I was just shopping for a bakery to have Jay's first birthday cake made...I want a special shape...

I was thinking of making it myself, but then thought...I've not made a cake since we moved to NC...I'm not sure I could get it right...

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a very reliable recipe for Texas sheetcake. Let me know if you need it. (Fudge frosting recipe , too) YUM!

3:28 PM  
Blogger tommie said...

I have that recipe as well....we used to make it for all the family gatherings when I was growing up!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Finley said...

Out of all the wonderful things here.. I WOULD find the chocolate! It looks ...good enough to eat LOL!! I know that Texas sheet cake recipe... oh so good..the best of both worlds..cake & brownie.

Thanks!

4:51 PM  
Blogger suchitra_tiwari said...


It is a very nice blog and very helpful, Thanks for sharing. Read more

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home