Friday, August 03, 2007

Child Like Adult

I'm participating in the Encyclopedia of Me Meme over at Bella Dia. Come join us.


A is for Adult
The older I get the more I realize I'll always feel 10 inside.
The desire to rollick and run doesn't go away.
I'm thinking not anyway as it hasn't faded.
I'm just more aware of how silly I'd look.
But the child gave way to an adult with obligations.
With the scariness and realities of imperfect life.
The adult wants the side-splitting carefree laughter back.
Adult is too final.
I refuse to be an adult without dragging along that little girl I was.
Serious doesn't work for me. Responsible (most of the time), sure.
But as I think about this word I chose I'm challenging myself to question it's meaning.
Being adult means being mature enough to laugh at myself. To laugh at my circumstances...to be happy despite and through them...

A is for Adult.

2 Comments:

Blogger tommie said...

this pic really does look like your little girl!
I'll have to chech this out.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Stomper Girl said...

Gorgeous photo. And you are way too pretty to ever have a paper bag on your head.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home