Friday, December 07, 2007

Baking Day and Glitzy Feet

The supplies:

The handiwork:

The sampling:

The partially finished product (phase I):
A little of our Christmas glow:

Rob in the spirit of the season:

  • Shopping is done for the kids! One trip to Target. Voila. I love this pre-list age. (Not looking forward to, "Mom, I want this and this and this...")
  • Thinking about the Mei Tei wraps for No. 3.
  • Thank you for bearing with my low-wordage, high-photo content posts. It seems that lately if I sit down to actually write something of value or length it never happens. At least this way I'm actually posting.
  • I'm trying to remember that the best Christmas memories will be with Mama actually being there, not rushing around trying to pull off every nuance of every last Christmas tradition elegantly.
Happy Weekend to you and yours.
xo
G

11 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

The finished products look tasty! I'm sure the sampling was the beast part of the process. Every time I think I am done shopping, I find something else. Hope you're feeling well!

3:57 PM  
Blogger tommie said...

I love to cook with the kids, you never know what how it is going toturn out.

The baby wrap saved me...My first one was only 15 months old when the second one was born, so he wsa still very much a baby! People will stop you and ask all kinds of questions when wearing a wrap!

Are the fancy feet your stockings?

6:27 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Your little girl is such a mini-you in the face, and her expressions ( from what i've seen in photos, obviously, as I don't 'know' you ... ;)

And WHAT are those things on Rob's feet !?!?!?!??

6:31 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I always enjoyed being the cookie TESTER after the kids did all the REAL work! ~ jb///

10:03 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

That smile on her little face is priceless! I miss baking with the kids!

5:08 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

Oh, so cool...I love this thought of you guys in the kitchen baking cookies!

I have such fond memories of baking with mom and/or grandma!

PS...LOVE the repurposed oven mitts!!! that's what they are, right?

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun time it looks like you had!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

i don't get the feet picture!!!

but LOVE your posts, lots of wordage or not, always fun and artsy and uplifting :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I love the "sampling" picture...plus I think that's my fav. part too! haha :)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

baking cookies together..one of our favorite Chrismas traditions...and its not complete til ther is flour over the whole kitchen! :)
Leila is getting cuter every pic..she looks like her mama..:) Merry Christmas!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

i love that...christmas IS about being there. and it should be about slowing down and enjoying eachother and not getting caught up in tradition. thx for those wise words!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home