Thursday, December 27, 2007

Leila and I took one last look at the plastic life-sized nativity in the Orange Antique Circle and she kissed each and every member (including a ram, cow and frankincense-bearing wiseman).

We visited the library and I picked up a few of the books on my "1001 Books to Read Before I Die" list. Starting with:


Visual holiday highlights:

I love this wild-eyed wonder (at Daddy demonstrating his new drum set):
Unamused:


A mad rush for the gifts in the morning was followed by a crisp walk and muddy-up on the beach. The late lunch (roasted pork with cider and apples, herbed green beans, roasted potatoes, grandma Mickie's stuffing, apple strudel and pecan pie) was followed by a retelling of the Christmas story, a romp in the front yard and then finally our new tradition: a late evening neighborhood Christmas light drive-by.

A few more to follow tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to finding out all about yours.

xo
G

1 Comments:

Blogger LBA said...

ooh - you've made me hungry.

I hate reading about terrific meals. I then want nothing else but that particular menu for dinner ! :)

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home