Friday, December 28, 2007

With a Graham Cracker Crust


Despite being relatively thin throughout my life, I have always had a hearty appetite. I've always loved food and frankly, can think of very few culinary aversions whatsoever. So I was particularly horrified to learn that at seven months pregnant I've only gained seven pounds. I've eaten healthy meals (to the extent one can while coughing one's lungs into smithereens during a bought of bronchitis). After the doctor's visit today I headed to the grocery store and loaded up on Key Lime Pie and pot roast. I've been craving salads and melon, taking pre-natals of course and drinking tons of water but I guess this little guy wants something a little more substantial.

5 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

The pie sounds so good right now. Is the doctor concerned with the low weight gain?

11:11 PM  
Blogger chksngr said...

You know I have a friend who gained a MAX of 14 pounds for all of her pregnancies...she gained even less - 10 - with her last child...all VERY healthy...the thing is, it means baby is robbing you of your own body mass...which, if you are MY size means WAHOO!!! but if you are YOUR size...maybe not so good!

I too craved fresh fruit, salads, steamed veggies with a bit of sea salt and fish. I wanted very little else except cottage cheese...so I focused on full fat cottage cheese and ice cream. THAT seemed to work and get me my dairy too...although total gain was still only 19 pounds and I was even 8 days over due! and to be honest, 7 pounds of that was in the final 6 weeks.

Now, 14 months later, I have an exceptionally healthy child with an exceptionally hearty appetite who really doesn't care for sweet stuff - except fruit, of course...bananas, apples, oranges (yes!) and peaches!

Good luck with the Key Lime and roast!!! I'm certain you and the little one will be FANTASTIC! And, hey, its not many pregnant women who get to eat whatever crosses their path! That's cause to celebrate!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Bek said...

hey, sounds like a fun challenge! :)

i, however, have 3 weeks left, and have already reached my maxx...hmph...maybe he'll come early....

if i get any more extra pounds, i'm sending them your way, gina...:)

6:33 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

Yum! - and that picture is delicious !!

I haven't really been hungry this pregnancy .. but i'm still nearing the 20kgs I put on with the firstborn.

Hopefully the new child will liposuction me with breastfeeding like his/her big brother did ...

12:32 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

My. mouth. is. watering!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home