Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Still Waddling About in Anticipation, Thinking of Easter Pie

  • No baby yet.
  • Shopped for Easter paraphernalia and prepared Easter baskets so as not to have to fret with them and a newborn together.
  • Driving to San Clemente for a mommy haircut tomorrow. How far will you drive for a good haircut?
  • Am still planning on making my second real estate class Thursday night (if baby tarries) to learn about credit score secrets, the qualifying and loan process and how to crunch the numbers.
  • Autism support was last night. Very few dry eyes in the group as we left. Connections are critical.
  • I have a confession. I'm a closet nerd in several areas of my life. Since having children I've developed another area of nerdism. I'm becoming a holiday nerd. Hence the early Easter basket prep and the ludicrously early planning of our Easter menu, starting with:
Easter Pie ~


Olive Stuffed Leg of Lamb ~

11 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Some people complain about Easter stuff being out early! A very good thing for you though:)

6:08 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

I've managed to stave off the nerdiness that requires odd clingy window decoratations and trinkets on the mantel. However, I have a wreath for every holiday that gets changed out and seasonal wreaths that hang there when there is no imminent holiday.

BUT I SO get the planning ahead and the anticipation of providing a "something special" for the holidays for the Children.

I had a teacher for a mother, so I have exceptional holiday memories...I FULLY intend to give Jay the same experience!

Waiting in anticiaption for the new bundle...I giggles at you waddling...:-)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Mmmm...those Easter treats look good! I can't wait to hear your news too...I'm assuming you're due any day now?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Well hope your last days aren't too bad! Excited to hear about your new bundle though.

I like all the holiday prep too, I love blessing the kids with fun stuff!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

You do get out don't you..even pregnant! Good for you..its ok to be a little nerdy in a few areas...but what in the world is Easter pie?!? :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

I love how you plan ahead. I can't even plan tomorrow's breakfast!

Is this your nesting stage? You're doing great! The dishes look fantastic! I'll have to borrow recipes from you.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

That Easter Pie and Leg of Lamb look incredible! I'm excited for Easter!

7:24 AM  
Blogger tommie said...

Both look so good...


Have a babt yet?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Can I come over for Easter dinner?

7:26 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

woHmm - you're MIA... could we have had our babies on the same day ?

Your meal ideas are mouth-watering.

Hope you are well and the hard bit is done, the sweet baby bit is being enjoyed !

xx

11:32 PM  
Blogger T-Bone said...

Anything to eat involving dough and meat are best.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home