Sunday, February 03, 2008

There is one intersection in particular that has worried me a little, here close to our house. I've always thought to myself that it would be easy for someone to run the stop light that is there. Today someone did, just as Leila and I were turning right on the green arrow. And we found ourselves involved in a car accident.

As we got out of our cars and realized everyone was okay (Leila said excitedly, "WHAT was THAT?), we saw that the woman's bumper had been torn off and we now had a sizable dent on the side of our car. But my heart went out to this woman instantly. She had a little pink hand-knitted cap on her head, her back seat was completely covered with American flags and the paint on the entirety of her car had sort of disintegrated into various shades of it's former color. She apologized profusely and I realized that this could be someone's mom or grandma even.

We actually ended up hugging and I came away feeling relieved and reminded once again of how quickly the path of our lives can be changed forever, in an instant.

5 Comments:

Blogger tommie said...

So glad y'all are okay! I was in a wreck when I was 36 weeks pregnant. The lady got out and started screaming at me. Then she saw my big ol' belly and calmed down a little!

6:28 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

Glad everyone was okay.

6:33 AM  
Blogger T-Bone said...

Aaaaah, Gina. Thank God you're alright.

I've been thinking a lot about this theme of life recently.

Take care of yourself, my dear.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! so glad you are all ok! I had a similar situation not too long ago where i was rear ended by an elderly lady. I was quite upset til I got out of the car and this tiny woman came out shaking like a leaf, so scared and apologetic. When I saw her I stopped being upset and just wanted to tell her everything was fine. It really is scary how you can be strolling around and in just one moment, everything can change.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Oh my. Thank goodness everyone was OK.

Jesus Loves you=)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home