Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good News! Allergies!

As I'd mentioned in a previous post, we were hoping to discover with the results of the labs that Luke had some sign of malfunction in his system so we could go forward develop a plan of action for recovery. Luckily (?) the poor little fellow is allergic to everything under the sun (wheat, gluten, yeast, dairy, eggs, peanuts, oranges, lemons, pineapples, cashews, and soy). The trick is to build a list of what he actually CAN eat since one or more of these things are in about every last product you can purchase. Oh and Luke has high traces of arsenic. Did you know that the FDA allows farmers to feed chickens arsenic so that they will want to eat and eat and be chubby plumpy chickens that look tasty on our local grocers shelf. Mmmm...finger licken'.

9 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Wow...that's a lot of allergies! Good luck...and I hope now that you know what he's allergic too, he can get better! :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Awww, poor guy. That's a lot of things to be allergic to. I'm glad you have some answers now though. And I've heard that autistic kids' bodies don't filter out toxins as well as the rest of us. Reed always tests high for lots of bizarre stuff like that too.

8:18 PM  
Blogger FinaDrea said...

awe that is a lot. my friends kids are allergic to egg, milk, and peanuts 2.. thats hard, its in like everything! but can be done ;-) shes proof of that.

And wow that is awful about the arsenic!! what chicken is safe?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yikes! I thought that I had it rough with Lani. It must be such a relief to know so that you can begin his treatment:) I haven't heard about the arsenic in chicken. What is safe to eat anymore? MAN!!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Deborah Fantasia said...

I didn't know about the arsenic in the chicken !
Now I know why there's organic chicken, I never really understood what exactly that meant !
It's like fruits and vegetables, they spray them with so many chemicals, they're unsafe to eat.
Deborah

2:42 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

You can do it!! Yeah for health food s store that are way more plentiful than they used to be!

Yikes about the arsenic...I am actually doing a research paper for English on food additives, so now I have something else to write about...THANKS=)

3:57 PM  
Blogger suzspeaks said...

Man, oh man! If anyone can pull this off it is you!! I think I'll be buying organic from now on!

6:53 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

Poor Luke!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

Man! More work for momma! Sorry to hear that!

I'll never look at a chicken the same!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home