Thursday, April 10, 2008

Things

  • Liam's breathing has been assisted by a nebulizer for the last two days. The cold symptoms are gone but the raspy chest and breathing remains. Hopefully a couple more days of the breathing machine will do the trick.
  • As it stands, one of our boys would make the cut for a HairClub commercial:
The other? Possibly not:
  • We started Luke on Methyl-B12 injections. I was pretty nervous but with a little distraction in place after the shot there was merely a simple rub of the bottom and a sort of hmm, what was that? look. I never thought I could give a shot to my own kiddo. The things we can do when we have to.
  • Luke walked up to the kitchen counter today and said, "I want water."
  • Spring Break is almost over which means Leila, Liam and I will be able to see the light of day next week (Luke's s had therapy all day every day which means being at home all day every day).
  • Those ICYHOT patches one can get from the Back Pain section of one's local Target are not an effective match for the searing pain which is the result of improper nursing positioning. Just sayin'.

13 Comments:

Blogger suzspeaks said...

Sounds like Luke has had a pretty good week! I love the picture of him! Liam is adorable as well! I'm sure you're ready for a little break next week! Hope you have a great weekend!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You are so blessed with 3 beautiful children. I'm glad to hear that Luke is doing well. Enjoy your week next week.

8:31 AM  
Blogger chksngr said...

All your kiddos ar so gorgeous...you make great babies! lol...I'm intrigued to hear what effect these injections have on Luke.

9:26 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

We had our grandaugters for Spring Break and it was GREAT! Very fun for us Grandparents who reap the benefits! ~ jb///

10:27 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Wow, I am excited hearing all these great things about Luke! I will keep praying for the little guy!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Spring Break is fun, but it's nice to get back to the old routine.

Cute pics!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

I've been a slumper ever since I became a nursing momma. I just can't seem to sit up straight anymore. Mike is always trying to remind me.

Praying for Luke!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Scarlet, I am unable to get into your blog -- top secret!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Deborah Fantasia said...

Awww, poor Liam ! I've had to do the whole nebulizer thing before also and it's such a shame, especially when they're so small.

I've found that just a regular heating pad (I like electric because there's different levels of heat) works great for back or any pain !
I spent like $12.00 on mine a few years ago and it still works great.

Love all the pictures, Leila has the most beautiful eyes !

Deborah

7:37 AM  
Blogger tommie said...

love the 'hair club shots"...I hope all is well.

I had an old bag made from deer corn my mom made me. When my back hurt from nursing, I would heat it up and mold it around my spine section! sounds strange but it worked

8:30 PM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

Look a those handsome boys! Glad to hear you have been able to give Luke the shots.

7:34 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I think we're starting on our 2nd cold since birth - arghh !!

I think a nebuliser might be a good idea, actually, as I think his breathing has been raspy and ragged since the first one, and i've been wondering if it could be asthma ?!?

You mentioned passports on my blog - are you going somewhere soon ? We're off to your part of the world soon ( well, Arizona, anyway ! :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

aw, hope your littlest guy gets better soon!!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home