Sunday, May 04, 2008

Carole Seid and Charlotte Mason Because Childhood is Soon Gone

Saturday was spent with Liam at a Carole Joy Seid seminar.
I am so giddily excited about the literary journey I'll be taking with my children as they go through school. The quality of the schools where we live are far below our aspirations for the kids so we're taking responsibility for their education in our own hands. As a result, I may be spending more time here.

        THERE was a time when meadow, grove, and stream,
The earth, and every common sight,
To me did seem
Apparelled in celestial light,
The glory and the freshness of a dream.
It is not now as it hath been of yore;--
Turn wheresoe'er I may,
By night or day,
The things which I have seen I now can see no more.

INTIMATIONS OF IMMORTALITY FROM RECOLLECTIONS OF EARLY CHILDHOOD by Wordsworth

xo
g

1 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

Good for you!!! I'm all for home-schooling. We were going to do it for sure if we stayed in CA. We still haven't made a decision about it in NC, although the community of homeshoolers is enormous! HOORAY!!!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home