Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Single Moms, You're Amazing

Hats off to single moms everywhere. It's impossible to convey appropriately the exhaustion that comes with being the only parent in the house for days. I cannot fathom what it would be like on any kind of permanent or semi-permanent basis. You are the lone story-reader, bath-giver, up-at-six-for-the-buser, diaper-changer, tea-maker, spill-swiffer, question-answerer, ad infinitum. But the closeness I've experienced with all three children during my faux single momness has been immeasurably sweet. Luke clings to me. Leila pats my cheek and hugs my neck constantly. I wouldn't trade this nearly showerless adventure for any other. Still, I'll be happy to see a certain London flight and specifically, the Bobcat.

Meanwhile...
Elmer's. One funny little word. Hours of entertainment.

For the craft de jour (medieval princess hat) we used colored paper with small holes punched along two sides. Foam flowers and jewels were used to decorate. Rick-rack ran along the bottom and we glued ribbons on the inside to poke out the top.

Technical advisory committee chairperson:

I forgot to get a picture of the finished project but , since I'm sure you're gripping the edge of your computer seats, I'll include one tomorrow.

Kids swimsuits are around $7 right now at Target. This one doubles as a summer top:


Soaking in the last morsels of summertime sweetness.
Goodnight, lovelies.
xo
g

4 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

I love the pictures you post of your children.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am gripping my seat! ;) Being a single mom you just deal. You don't dwell on it, and you generally don't know it any other way (or at least I never have). Every once in a while you long for an every other weekend. And now my baby will be 10 in 11 days.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Deborah Fantasia said...

I second that !!! Having been a "single Mom" for 2 1/2 months, it was SO hard !
Then again, maybe it was so hard because I was used to having someone who shared in all responsibilities. Bottom line, I was spoiled !
I also cherish the closeness and oneness I have with my children because of that time.
The things I felt like a failure in as a Mother disappeared and was replaced with such a deep love all around.
Now that's been extended to the whole family with my husband home.
Deborah

7:28 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I do the single mum thing a wee bit too .. and I say the same - those fulltimers must be *amazing*!!

When AB comes home, I am *so relieved to be relieved*, and you knwo what I mean ;)

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home