Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This Day, I

  • brought a bright yellow bathmat to add a little zestiness.
  • learned how to use Google Reader and gave up Bloglines forever amen.
  • discovered a most scrumptious looking apple dumpling recipe I'm going to have to try on Rob because apple pie is his most-favorite of all time but look at that amazing crust on this apple treat, it has to a bazillion times better. (Click on pic for recipe if you dare).
  • looked into the details of taking Liam and Leila to South Carolina for a fall family reunion. (Yeah that I am finally taking the plunge but boo that Luke and Rob won't be able to go. Luke and plane rides won't quite be a jolly combo for a little while yet.)
  • picked up, scrubbed, washed, bathed, changed, fed, cooked, tickled and read to.
  • went to the gym for a first real workout since Liam joined us (after kiddie bedtime). Whoo doggies -- why oh why must we have mirrors on every wall? Okay, never mind the apple dumplings with -- count em-- two sticks of butter *sigh*.
As promised, the finished hat in both grumpy and non-grumpy versions:


Good night.

8 Comments:

Blogger chksngr said...

hee hee...Um...dare I say I liked the GRUMPY version? lol..

WOO HOO on the family reunion...I'm so not into taking Jay on a plane...and he's just an angel...but the potential discovery moments would be too great for his little body to hold inside and I would be chasing him all over the sky!

2:07 PM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

yep...google reader...love it!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Good for you traveling to SC with the babes! any chance we could hook up? I like the grumpy version too. :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Girl, that is one productive day. And that recipe? Made me salivate just a little.

6:38 PM  
Blogger tommie said...

I switched to Google reader awhile back. I did keep Bloglines for the fluff decorater/scrap blogs I read.

I would recognize that Pioneer woman recipe anywhere. have you tried any of her stuff? The Man sandwich or whatever it is called is really good. As is the mac and cheese!

8:29 PM  
Blogger LBA said...

I love, love, love the hat !! So cute in both grumpy and smiley versions ! :)

Is bloglines bad ? I don't have a problem with it *that I know of* - lol ;)

Pioneer Woman is amazing..

3:35 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I've made those apple dumplings. They are SO good, and so easy. Definately a crowd pleaser.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

If you come all the way to SC we must find a way to meet for lunch!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home